by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
Lusaka man gets 3yrs for stealing clothes worth K19,000By Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Jun 2019
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has sentenced a Lusaka man to three years imprisonment with hard labour for stealing bales of clothes worth over K19,000.
Christopher Shula was charged with theft and had pleaded not guilty.
Particulars of the offence were that in January this year, Shula stole goods worth K19,050, property of Stella Manyinza of Libala.
Manyinza had told the court during trial that she sold assorted clothes at Kamwala market where she had a shop.
She said in January this year, she came back from South Africa where she had gone to order bails of clothes, adding that she booked a canter which carried her goods from Inter City to her shop in Kamwala market.
Manyinza said it was at this point that Shula, who had a wheelbarrow, arrived and offered to carry the bails of clothes to her shop.
She said when she went to collect money to pay the canter driver, Shula diverted with the wheelbarrow.
Manyinza added that she fainted when she was told that Shula fled with her goods.
“I searched for Shula but did not find him,” she said.
Shula was later on apprehended after he sold some of the stolen goods to a client who later alerted Manyinza.
And when the matter came up for judgement, Friday, Lusaka magistrate Felix Kaoma found Shula guilty, saying the prosecution had proved the case against him beyond reasonable doubt.
He sentenced him to 46 months imprisonment with hard labour.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court - 20 Sep 2019
- LAZ asks ConCourt to throw out Musoma’s suit over Bill 10 - 20 Sep 2019
- Tutwa reports Sangwa to LAZ for “professional misconduct” - 19 Sep 2019
- ConCourt sets Sept 27 for ruling on preliminary issues in LAZ Bill 10 case - 19 Sep 2019
- 120 people sue UPPZ leader for fraud over land - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (3,413 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,399 view)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (974 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (943 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive - PF (890 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend