- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 25 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Air traffic controller in court for saying Lungu is sick and would die in 2yrsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
A 38-year-old Air Traffic controller has been dragged to court for allegedly defaming President Edgar Lungu by way of saying “the Head of State should resign due to sickness or else he would die in two years time”.
In this matter, Trevor Mwila is charged with one count of defamation of the President contrary to Section 69 of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the Laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence allege that in July this year, Mwila with intent to bring the name of the President into hatred, contempt ridicule and disrespect, published a defamatory statement by word of mouth to which he said, “tell your President Edgar Chagwa Lungu to resign or else he is dying in two years time because he is sick and as my child I see him every day”.
However when the matter came up for allocation, Mwila who is on police bond, was not before court.
The matter was allocated to magistrate Mwaka Mikalile and the accused is expected to appear on Monday July 22, 2019, for plea.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt - 25 Aug 2019
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit - 24 Aug 2019
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president - 24 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has jurisdiction to hear my petition, submits Lundazi Central losing candidate - 23 Aug 2019
- Pathologist testifies in ritual killing case - 23 Aug 2019
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other (2,000 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt (1,441 view)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (1,059 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (972 views)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10 (828 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend