- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Bring world cup home, Lungu tells ChipolopoloBy Mirriam Chabala on 19 May 2017
Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda says the Head State is confident that the Junior Chipolopolo will lift the Cup at the FIFA World Tournament starting on Sunday.
Chanda said in statement today that the President was impressed with performance of the boys exhibited in the Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations (AfCON) which Zambia hosted and won in March this year.
“President Lungu is confident that the Junior Chipolopolo National Team will perform according to the expectations of the Zambian people in the FIFA Under-20 World Cup which commences in South Korea on Sunday. The Head of State said ‘going by the good performance of the Junior Chipolopolo in the Under-20 AFCON which we hosted in March this year, l am confident they will perform very well at the FIFA World Cup. However, for them to achieve desired results they have to remain focused, team spirited and aim at getting goals’,” Chanda quoted President Lungu as saying.
He said the President expressed confidence in the boys and that he had no doubt they would bring the world cup.
“The President has said the same zeal that the team exhibited to achieve best results in the AFCON should propel the Junior Chipolopolo to even perform better at the FIFA World Cup Tournament. President Lungu is hopeful that the Junior Chipolopolo will put up a good fight at the World Cup to bring home even greater glory. President Lungu counseled the Junior Chipolopolo to remain focused, team spirited and aim at getting goals for them to lift the Cup as football was about winning goals.”
Chanda stated that the President had since wished the boys God’s guidance as they take on Portugal in the Group C opening Match.
“The President has wished the Junior Chipolopolo God’s blessings and strength as they play against Portugal in the Group C opener. ‘On behalf of the Zambian government, the people and on my own behalf, I wish the boys God’s blessings and strength as we look forward to them bringing glory to our country’. The President is impressed with the good performance that the young Chipolopolo has so far exhibited particularly in the Africa Under-20 Cup of Nations (AFCON) which Zambia hosted and won in March this year,” stated Chanda.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend