- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lungu hails U20 team for spirited fightBy Mirriam Chabala on 5 Jun 2017
President Edgar Lungu says the Under 20 National team will remain heroes even after losing the Quarter final encounter against Italy in the Match played at Suwon World Cup stadium in South Korea today.
In a statement issued by Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda, the Head of State commended the Junior Chipolopolo for their majestic performance exhibited at the ongoing Tournament which saw them qualify to the quarter finals after beating Germany.
Chanda stated that the President was impressed with the team’s unity.
“President Edgar Chagwa Lungu has commended the Zambia Under-20 Soccer team for putting up a gallant fight at the ongoing Under-20 FIFA World Cup in South Korea which saw them reach the quarter finals. The President says although the Junior Chipolopolo lost Monday’s (Today) quarter final encounter against Italy, played at Suwon World Cup stadium, they are still heroes because of their extraordinary enduring spirit and unity of purpose they exhibited throughout the tournament, which is a great inspiration to the entire nation,” Chanda stated.
He noted that the boys had taught the country countless lessons especially on the subject to do with unity of purpose.
“The President has said the young team has taught the entire nation a myriad of lessons and particularly the importance of rising above self and embracing unity of purpose in every aspect.
President Lungu says the Junior Chipolopolo has made the entire nation proud by putting Zambia on the World map and representing Africa very well hence the need for the entire nation to rally behind the team,” Chanda stated.
Chanda stated that the President was confident that the young Chipolopolo would turn out to be a formidable Senior National team in future.
“Well done boys. You have done us proud. There are moments like this when you have done everything to win but the fortunes just favour your opponent. I have hope that we are on course towards the creation of a formidable senior national team from this crop of young players. The genius of this young team lies in their extraordinary fighting spirit and unity of purpose. Their extraordinary enduring spirit is a great inspiration to the entire nation,”stated Chanda.
“We salute their achievements at the World Cup. On behalf of the Government and people of the Republic of Zambia, and indeed on my own behalf, l wish them the very best in future assignments.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend