by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 17 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 16 Jul 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018by Elias Munshya on 11 Jun 2018by Akashambatwa Mbikusita-Lewanika on 31 May 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 May 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jul 2018by Chense Chola on 7 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jun 2018by Felix Kashweka on 30 May 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sampa Kabwela on 14 Jul 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 9 Jul 2018by Netsanet Belay - Amnesty International on 25 Jun 2018by Kalaki on 24 Jun 2018
Zambia to unveil U17 squad todayBy Diggers Reporter on 14 Jul 2017
The final 21-member Zambia Under-17 team will be unveiled today ahead of next week’s departure for the 2017 COSAFA U17 Cup in Mauritius.
Mumamba Numba’s side has been progressively trimmed from the 150 initial trialists to 41 mid-week in Lusaka ahead of the tournament Mauritius will be hosting from July 21-30.
“The final list will be out on Friday otherwise we have done everything, we have done the groundwork, everything is done,” Zambia Under-17 assistant coach Charles Bwale said.
Bwale has overseen the trials during Numba’s absence due to his 2017 CAF Champions League duty with his club Zanaco.
Zambia depart for Mauritius on July 18.
Zambia are in Group B where they have been drawn against Madagascar, Mozambique together with record two-time winners and 2016 runners-up South Africa.
“We have South Africa, Madagascar and Mozambique.I think they are all tough teams,especially if you look at South Africa and Mozambique,” Bwale said.
“And these days in modern football,they are no small teams and so we have to do our level best.”
Meanwhile, Zambia return to the Cosafa U17 Cup exactly a year following their disqualification for age cheating at the same venue.
They were handed suspended two-year ban after roaring to the semifinals on maximum 9 points in Group B.
About Diggers Reporter
- We are under pressure as champions – U17 coach - 16 Jul 2018
- Casinos: A platform for cleaning dubious money in Zambia - 7 Jul 2018
- Don’t drag me into Black Mountain politics – Lungu - 28 Jun 2018
- Ban TV, radio stations that don’t cover President well, Nundwe tells IBA - 15 Jun 2018
- What’s the emergency of Lungu’s trip to Kenya that he had to abandon the mourning of his Cabinet Minister? - 15 Jun 2018
- Police record 487 deaths from 7,713 road accidents in 3 months
- Improved e-voucher system will benefit farmers – Katambo
- Kalaba wonders why “custom-made” fire tenders couldn’t stop COMESA fire
- PF promised Zambians heaven, but delivered hell – Kakoma
- Kapwepwe becomes new COMESA SG, as Lungu demands equity from block
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend