- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia to unveil U17 squad todayBy Diggers Reporter on 14 Jul 2017
The final 21-member Zambia Under-17 team will be unveiled today ahead of next week’s departure for the 2017 COSAFA U17 Cup in Mauritius.
Mumamba Numba’s side has been progressively trimmed from the 150 initial trialists to 41 mid-week in Lusaka ahead of the tournament Mauritius will be hosting from July 21-30.
“The final list will be out on Friday otherwise we have done everything, we have done the groundwork, everything is done,” Zambia Under-17 assistant coach Charles Bwale said.
Bwale has overseen the trials during Numba’s absence due to his 2017 CAF Champions League duty with his club Zanaco.
Zambia depart for Mauritius on July 18.
Zambia are in Group B where they have been drawn against Madagascar, Mozambique together with record two-time winners and 2016 runners-up South Africa.
“We have South Africa, Madagascar and Mozambique.I think they are all tough teams,especially if you look at South Africa and Mozambique,” Bwale said.
“And these days in modern football,they are no small teams and so we have to do our level best.”
Meanwhile, Zambia return to the Cosafa U17 Cup exactly a year following their disqualification for age cheating at the same venue.
They were handed suspended two-year ban after roaring to the semifinals on maximum 9 points in Group B.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend