- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Zambia to unveil U17 squad todayBy Diggers Reporter on 14 Jul 2017
The final 21-member Zambia Under-17 team will be unveiled today ahead of next week’s departure for the 2017 COSAFA U17 Cup in Mauritius.
Mumamba Numba’s side has been progressively trimmed from the 150 initial trialists to 41 mid-week in Lusaka ahead of the tournament Mauritius will be hosting from July 21-30.
“The final list will be out on Friday otherwise we have done everything, we have done the groundwork, everything is done,” Zambia Under-17 assistant coach Charles Bwale said.
Bwale has overseen the trials during Numba’s absence due to his 2017 CAF Champions League duty with his club Zanaco.
Zambia depart for Mauritius on July 18.
Zambia are in Group B where they have been drawn against Madagascar, Mozambique together with record two-time winners and 2016 runners-up South Africa.
“We have South Africa, Madagascar and Mozambique.I think they are all tough teams,especially if you look at South Africa and Mozambique,” Bwale said.
“And these days in modern football,they are no small teams and so we have to do our level best.”
Meanwhile, Zambia return to the Cosafa U17 Cup exactly a year following their disqualification for age cheating at the same venue.
They were handed suspended two-year ban after roaring to the semifinals on maximum 9 points in Group B.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us? (12,534 views)
- I am under quarantine, but fine - Davies Chama (4,481 views)
- Kampyongo says accusing him of being in quarantine is like alleging that Diggers editor is HIV positive (4,082 views)
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown? (3,408 views)
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu (3,303 views)
- Govt will start distributing free masks – Chilufya
- Absa re-opens Centro Mall branch
- Kampyongo, Ng’andu released from quarantine after testing negative to COVID-19 – Chilufya
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Kampyongo says accusing him of being in quarantine is like alleging that Diggers editor is HIV positive
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
[search_popup]Send this to a friend