- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Zanaco suffers title defence setbackBy Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017
Zanaco on Sunday suffered a major setback in their league title defence after losing 2-0 away to Green Buffaloes in a top two Lusaka derby showdown at Nkoloma Stadium.
The 2016 champions defeat comes just four days after they lost 1-0 at Nkwazi in another away game on September 13 across town at Edwin Emboela Stadium.
Zanaco struggled to find any rhythm as Buffaloes took command of proceedings.
Friday Samu fired in the opening goal in the 24th minute off an Oyster Mwakatambala cross.
This was Samu’s first game back in three matches following his recent recovery from a toe infection and took his tally to 9 goals this season.
So modest were Zanaco that even the 36th minute substitute of midfielder Richard Kasonde who was replaced by veteran Isaac Chansa failed to see them make any impact in the middle of the park.
Buffaloes extended their lead on the stroke of halftime after Zanaco goalkeeper Racha Kola palmed Malan Gondwe over his head and Mike Katiba who was behind him headed in the gift from the former.
Zanaco’s desperation for a face saver say striker Heritier Nkonko guided the ball in with his hand in the 72nd minute that earned him a yellow card.
Buffaloes are now three points clear at the top on 53 points, Zanaco stay 2nd while Nkana are 3rd on 48 points from 28 games played with eleven left to play.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,212 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,863 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (971 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (902 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (887 views)
- Don’t mine gold illegally, Musukwa cautions Mwinilunga residents
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend