- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
No contract extension yet for NumbaBy Abraham Kalito on 8 Feb 2019
Zanaco FC coach Mumamba Numba says he has not been offered any contact extension despite his team’s superb start in Super Division League.
Numba was given a three-match ultimatum early this year by the Zanaco board to deliver in accordance with the expectations or face the sack.
His team has since gone on to win the first two matches convincingly by four goals to one against Red Arrows and by five goals to two against Lusaka Dynamos on Sunday.
However, the former Chipolopolo international told Goal Diggers! that there had been no talks with the board yet regarding contracts extension following the perfect start.
In an interview, he said he does not know whether the board would extend his contract or not.
“We haven’t signed any new contracts. The contracts that we have are the very old ones and I think, and I know that they are performance-based contracts. We signed them some years back and we have not signed any other yet. So, there is nothing new on the table for us. We haven’t signed any contracts, but we know that the ones we signed are performance-based. Yes, so, we haven’t signed any new contracts apart from the old ones we signed,” Numba said.
Numba was appointed Zanaco coach in January, 2015, with the club going on to win the Super League in 2016.
He was, however, under fire following his team’s poor performance in the 2018 League campaign.
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- U20 Women saga: Girls could not travel as FAZ didn’t confirm participation-NOC reveals - 23 Aug 2019
- FAZ to name Chipolopolo coach next week - 23 Aug 2019
- We don’t know who will coach Zambia against Eswatini – Mweemba - 8 Aug 2019
- Zambia senior women, U-20 national teams soar - 8 Aug 2019
- Tenant appointed Buildcon coach - 5 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,210 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,242 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,004 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,495 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,138 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend