by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
FAZ to extend women’s Super League to Central, NW provincesBy Abraham Kalito on 17 Feb 2019
The Football Association (FAZ) says it will extend the women’s Super League to Central and North-Western provinces in a bid to make it nationwide.
Meanwhile, FAZ will this Saturday hold a Women League coronation finale to crown the 2018 champion.
The Women’s Super League Lusaka-based champions Green Buffaloes will take on Copperbelt-based titleholders Indeni Roses in a decider match to determine the 2018 champions, Saturday.
FAZ revealed in a statement yesterday that the match is to be played at Nkoloma Stadium in Lusaka would also be used to promote women’s football.
“FAZ will hold a league champion coronation match for the Women League pitting champions for the Copperbelt and Lusaka on Saturday at Sunset Stadium. The match will crown the Zambia Women Super League champions from the 2018 season. Game pits champions from Lusaka and the Copperbelt. Copperbelt champions Indeni Roses will face Green Buffaloes to crown the national champion from the 2018 season,” read a statement.
“Women’s football has been on the upswing with Zambia having participated at the 2018 Africa Women Championship in Ghana. In the 2019 season, the Women League will extend to North-Western and Central provinces with strides being made to make it national. Entry for the match will be free.”
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach - 17 Sep 2019
- U17 girls under duress to emulate senior sides – Kaluba - 13 Sep 2019
- FAZ delays commencement of lower league matches - 13 Sep 2019
- Barclays Bank launches Marathon - 12 Sep 2019
- Mwepu credits belief for Chipolopolo’s success - 11 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,209 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,976 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,779 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,295 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (989 views)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend