by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Money motivated us to win the match – KabasoBy Abraham Kalito on 25 Mar 2019
Chipolopolo defender Kabaso Chongo says money motivated the national squad to render a superb performance in the AfCON final qualifying match against Namibia on Saturday.
Zambia whitewashed Namibia in the final AFCON qualifying match, beating them 4-1.
Speaking to Goal Diggers following the match, Chongo said money was among the motivating factors for the splendid performance.
He also said the Chipolopolo boys have a bright footballing future ahead.
“As you may know, it’s a good thing to win at home and I have to thank my teammates. We played together as a unit. It’s a great performance because even me I didn’t expect this good thing can happen. We won 4-1, it’s a long time to win 4-1. But today we won, first of all I thank God, because it’s an amazing thing for us. It might take time to happen in future. The fans should just continue supporting us. Because as you know we finished with a positive result, you have to continue supporting us. One of our motivation is, when we are working we are working for money. So when you are here you have to get a positive result, and to get the money.”
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- Chipolopolo lose concentration in dying minutes – Adrian Chama - 15 Oct 2019
- Zambia U17 humiliates SA - 15 Oct 2019
- Shepolopolo to face Kenya after defeating Botswana in Olympic qualifier - 8 Oct 2019
- Chiyangi omits U23 players in international friendlies - 7 Oct 2019
- WADA praises PSL for believing in black coaches - 4 Oct 2019
- Police should not wear masks (2,721 views)
- Phiri explains heavy police presence in Lusaka's CBD (2,435 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (1,731 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,505 view)
- You're being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies (1,035 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu
- The Proposed 2019 Constitution Amendment Bill: A Threat to Zambia’s Democracy?
- Police should not wear masks
- SA’s renewed load shedding puts Zesco power import deal at risk – Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend