- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
30 overage U-17 candidates sent awayBy Abraham Kalito on 21 May 2019
30 U-17 finalist who were selected last week during the provincial trials have been sent away after a thorough screening found that they were overage.
68 finalists were selected from the ten provinces across the country in readiness for the final selection which will concludes this week.
The ten provinces were given the mandate to select suitable candidates by age with the aid of provincial youth coaches and provincial administrators.
The candidates underwent a checkup at the Olympic Youth Development Centre (OYDC) and Independence Stadium where Under-17 national team coach Oswald Mutapa and the Technical Directorate monitored the process.
Following the process, Team manager Lombe Chipupu revealed that 30 players had been sent away after failing the age screening.
The technical bench conducted an intensive screening of the birth certificates, records and also school history records.
The number is expected to reduce further once the candidates undergo a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
The U-17 team is expected to play at the COSAFA championship slated for Malawi in September.
About Abraham Kalito
Abraham Kalito is interested in writing business, political, and human interest stories.
- U20 Women saga: Girls could not travel as FAZ didn’t confirm participation-NOC reveals - 23 Aug 2019
- FAZ to name Chipolopolo coach next week - 23 Aug 2019
- We don’t know who will coach Zambia against Eswatini – Mweemba - 8 Aug 2019
- Zambia senior women, U-20 national teams soar - 8 Aug 2019
- Tenant appointed Buildcon coach - 5 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,614 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,591 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,357 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,677 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,395 view)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend