- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Singer Burna Boy apologizes for kicking Zambia ‘fan’By Felix Kashweka on 2 Apr 2019
Nigerian Afro fusion singer Burna Boy has apologised to Zambians after he kicked a fan on Saturday night who allegedly attempted to steal his ring during a performance in the Lusaka Showgrounds.
Burna Boy whose real names are Damini Ogulu says he was almost robbed on stage by one of his fans and decided to kick him after security failed to help.
Replying to a tweet from @Epk_zambia Burna Boy stated:” I am sorry about how it looks but this person continuously tried to rob me on stage. It was like the 10th attempt to do it after telling him several times to stop . This wasn’t a fan. Apologies for how it looks but it’s not the case at all. I appreciate all my fans.”
The singer got on stage a few minutes after midnight and immediately belted out most of his known hits while security tried to disperse the unruly crowd.
As the show progressed, the “On The Low” hitmaker kept complaining of poor sound output and kept changing microphones, threatened to end the show if the poor sound output persisted.
In the video that has gone viral on social media a man is seen pulling Burna Boy’s finger as he performed and the singer quickly reacts by kicking the ‘fan’.
The artiste continued his performance after the incident.
Several Zambians took to Twitter to express their displeasure over the incident.
@bflowmusic tweeted: “Ok I don’t know whether to caption this as “Bruce Lee live in Lusaka” or maybe this is the meaning of “plus I got kicks Van Damme” but one thing I know is my people don’t deserve to be kicked after paying K250 to watch a show. Let me run before I get kicked by diehard fans.”
@chabalah tweeted: “Show sucked, Burna Boy didn’t. This is not the first time the singer is getting in trouble as he had a similar incident 2016 While performing at the Phyno Fest in Enugu State, Burna Boy kicked a fan who tried removing his wrist watch while he was engaging with his fans.”Related Items
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,181 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,859 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (951 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (901 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (883 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend