- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
DEC arrests 2 Solwezi residents for stealing K117,185By Mirriam Chabala on 20 Jul 2017
The Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) in Lusaka has arrested and jointly charged two former employees of a named Mobile Communication Company for money laundering activities involving over K100, 000 00.
DEC Deputy Public Relations Officer Kamufisa Manchishi confirmed in a statement today that the commission has also arrested a 27 year-old man of Matero Township in Lusaka for trafficking in Heroin.
“The Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) through its Anti-Money Laundering Investigations Unit in Lusaka has arrested and jointly charged two former employees of a named Mobile Communication Company for money laundering activities involving over K100, 000.00. Sitali Nawa Chisenga, 31, of House No. 21A Kandundu area in Solwezi District has been arrested and jointly charged with Modley Khonje, 28, a former customer care and sales consultant of House No. 5630, Mushitala area in Solwezi District for theft and money laundering contrary to the laws of Zambia,” Manchishi stated.
“Particulars of the offence are that Sitali Nawa Chisenga, jointly and whilst acting together with Modley Khonje and other persons unknown, on unknown dates but between 1st January, 2015 and 30th March, 2017, at Solwezi in North-Western Province did steal K117, 185.00 which came into their possession by virtue of their employment. The duo further engaged in money laundering activities by using the said money to their benefit.”
Manchishi stated that Rock Ngong’a of Matero Township was arrested at Lusaka’s Buseko Market for trafficking in 13 sachets of Heroin.
“Meanwhile, the Commission in Lusaka has arrested a 27 year-old man of Matero Township for trafficking in Heroin. Rock Ngong’a, 27, of Matero Township in Lusaka has been arrested for trafficking in 13 sachets of Heroin. The suspect was arrested at Lusaka’s Buseko Market. All suspects will appear in court soon,” stated Manchishi.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mandatory HIV testing unconstitutional – PeP - 17 Aug 2017
- Ndola Police stop “HH freedom” celebrations - 17 Aug 2017
- Compulsory HIV testing is against human rights – FDD - 16 Aug 2017
- Lufwanyama toasts PF empowerment - 15 Aug 2017
- Fishing ban too short to allow breeding – Chilangwa - 15 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend