by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
UNZA students block Great East Road, protest delayed meal allowancesBy Joseph Mwenda on 4 Oct 2018
A multitude of University of Zambia students has blocked Great East Road protesting against a delay by government to pay them their semister meal allowances.
According to students who sought anonymity, the institution was supposed to pay them their meal allowances in August.
“In August they only gave us half of the meal allowances, they said the rest we would get in September but nothing has happened up to now,” the students explained to News Diggers.
“So here the students have blocked Great East, no vehicles are allowed to pass or they willl be stoned. Right now, they have burnt tyres and singing. They want their money.”
A check by News Diggers at about 23:20 hours found police arriving at the scene while the students were retreating into the campus.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- Don’t ask for credit, find who owns 48 houses, APNAC challenges ACC - 9 Sep 2019
- Van Blerk loses appeal over Baobab land - 2 Sep 2019
- Police should not wear masks (2,716 views)
- Phiri explains heavy police presence in Lusaka's CBD (2,431 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (1,726 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,503 view)
- You're being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies (1,032 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu
- The Proposed 2019 Constitution Amendment Bill: A Threat to Zambia’s Democracy?
- Police should not wear masks
- SA’s renewed load shedding puts Zesco power import deal at risk – Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend