- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Aunt, niece found dead in George compoundBy Mirriam Chabala on 18 Apr 2019
A 37-year-old woman of Lusaka’s George compound was on Wednesday morning found dead along with her 27-year-old niece whom she was sharing her apartment with.
And a 63-year-old man of Mwembeshi area in Lusaka has been murdered by unknown criminals who broke into his house on Monday evening and attacked him.
Police deputy Spokesperson Rae Hamoonga explained in a statement that Mwangala Mulala and Sandra Phiri were found laying in a pool of blood beside some blocks, and were discovered by an elder sister Alice who reported the matter to Police.
“We received a report of Murder involving two females namely: Mwangala Mulala aged 37 years and Sandra Phiri aged 27 years. The report was made by Alice Mulala aged 38 years of house number 132/16 George Compound who reported that her young sister and niece were found dead in their two roomed house at the above mentioned address. This happened between 16th April, 2019 at 22:00 hours and 17the April, 2019 at 06:00 hours. Police visited the scene of crime and found the deceased bodies lying in a pool of blood facing upwards and three, six inches blocks were found next to the bodies stained with blood. The bodies of the deceased are in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem,” Hamoonga stated.
And in a related case, Hamoonga stated that Ernest Masocha sustained two deep cuts on the neck after being attacked by unknown criminals at his house in Mwembeshi.
“Police recorded a case of murder which occurred between 15th April, 2019 and 16th, 2019 at unknown time in Munyeu area, Mwembeshi, Lusaka.The case was reported by Visile Masocha aged 44 years of farm number 5192/M Makeni Konga that his father Ernest Masocha aged 63 years of Munyeu area, Mwembeshi was murdered by unknown criminals after breaking into his house through the kitchen door. The deceased sustained two deep cuts on the neck. An unknown object is alleged to have been used in the act. The body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem. Investigations are ongoing,” stated Hamoonga.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kabimba to commence judicial review proceedings into 48 houses scandal - 12 Aug 2019
- It’s nonsense for Lungu to exclude himself from austerity measures – Kambwili - 12 Aug 2019
- We need genuine dialogue before any constitutional amendment – Sacika - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND responds to Moonga: Tribal campaigns no longer sell because we are all suffering - 9 Aug 2019
- Govt can’t announce new KCM investor because case is in court – Musukwa - 9 Aug 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,622 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,579 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,203 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,079 view)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (936 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend