by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Aunt, niece found dead in George compoundBy Mirriam Chabala on 18 Apr 2019
A 37-year-old woman of Lusaka’s George compound was on Wednesday morning found dead along with her 27-year-old niece whom she was sharing her apartment with.
And a 63-year-old man of Mwembeshi area in Lusaka has been murdered by unknown criminals who broke into his house on Monday evening and attacked him.
Police deputy Spokesperson Rae Hamoonga explained in a statement that Mwangala Mulala and Sandra Phiri were found laying in a pool of blood beside some blocks, and were discovered by an elder sister Alice who reported the matter to Police.
“We received a report of Murder involving two females namely: Mwangala Mulala aged 37 years and Sandra Phiri aged 27 years. The report was made by Alice Mulala aged 38 years of house number 132/16 George Compound who reported that her young sister and niece were found dead in their two roomed house at the above mentioned address. This happened between 16th April, 2019 at 22:00 hours and 17the April, 2019 at 06:00 hours. Police visited the scene of crime and found the deceased bodies lying in a pool of blood facing upwards and three, six inches blocks were found next to the bodies stained with blood. The bodies of the deceased are in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem,” Hamoonga stated.
And in a related case, Hamoonga stated that Ernest Masocha sustained two deep cuts on the neck after being attacked by unknown criminals at his house in Mwembeshi.
“Police recorded a case of murder which occurred between 15th April, 2019 and 16th, 2019 at unknown time in Munyeu area, Mwembeshi, Lusaka.The case was reported by Visile Masocha aged 44 years of farm number 5192/M Makeni Konga that his father Ernest Masocha aged 63 years of Munyeu area, Mwembeshi was murdered by unknown criminals after breaking into his house through the kitchen door. The deceased sustained two deep cuts on the neck. An unknown object is alleged to have been used in the act. The body is lying in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem. Investigations are ongoing,” stated Hamoonga.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe - 15 Oct 2019
- Commonwealth Finance Ministers to discuss joint action to prevent future debt crises - 15 Oct 2019
- Debt repayments mustn’t impede social sector spending in 2020 budget – ZTP - 10 Oct 2019
- UPND accuses Siamunene of exploiting hunger crisis to make political comeback - 9 Oct 2019
- Corruption, tribalism must be key prayer points on Oct 18 – CCZ - 8 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,953 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,380 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,061 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (986 views)
- Nkombo wonders how "inflicting misery on people" will help Lungu win 2021 (958 views)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend