- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Chingola police arrest Chinese national, 14 locals for illegal weapon trainingBy Daniel Chansa on 19 Jul 2019
Police in Chingola have arrested a Chinese national identified as Liang Bin Giang, 32, and 14 local men for illegal training in weapons.
The men were arrested on Wednesday around 10:00 hours at Rapid Construction Warehouse along Kasompe road.
Copperbelt Police Commissioner Charity Katanga confirmed the arrest of the 14 and the Chinese national.
She said Police rushed to the scene following a tip from concerned members of the public.
Katanga said police found nine air guns on the scene, which have since been confiscated, while the suspects have been detained at Chingola Central Police, charged with unlawful drilling.
“Those arrested are James Banda 20, of House number 26 Andrew Mwenya road Chiwempala, Martin Chinyama 25, House No. 61 Kanongesha road Chiwempala, Samson Sinkala 19, of 82/B11 Nkamba Drive Nchanga North, Joseph Phiri 23, and Isaac Phiri 25 both of 12 Lwele road Chikola, Kellison Kapasa 27, of 4 Kazunga street Nchanga North, Bruce Simukonda 23, of 39 old Airport Nchanga North, Muloiso Mkandawire 23, of 12 pine Kabundi North,” said Katanga.
“Others are Albert Mwansa 23, of 6956 Lupando Street Nchanga North, Elias Mwale 21, of 25/35 Makeni Lusaka, Sydney Mupeta 26, of KB8 Kafue Makeni Lusaka, Arthur Sinkonde 28, of Namwala Street Nchanga North, Pintu Boniface 31, of NC4 Namwala Street Nchanga North and a Chinese National Liang Bin Giang 32 of rapid construction.”Related Items
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,603 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,571 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,348 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,663 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,343 view)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend