THE Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) has called for an independent investigation into the death of former Transport minister Mutotwe Kafwaya. The Association says it is concerned about inconsistent information from government regarding the circumstances surrounding Kafwaya’s death. On Wednesday, Inspector General of Police Graphel Musamba disclosed that Kafwaya had been identified by his family as the man who was fatally wounded in a Kabulonga shootout last Friday evening. This came after days of speculation about his whereabouts following the shooting and after Kafwaya’s wife, Dinis Ng’andu, asked the Lusaka High Court to urgently hear an application challenging her husband’s “continued detention”. Reacting to this in a statement, LAZ president Arnold Kaluba said the Association was concerned about the delay...

Membership Required

You must be a member to access this content.

View Membership Levels

Already a member? Log in here