- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Chibiya takes up regional Barclays positionBy Charles Mafa on 12 Apr 2017
Former Barclays Bank Zambia Plc Managing Director Saviour Chibiya has been appointed as Regional Managing Director responsible for among other functions, the Corporate and Investment Banking business for markets in Africa outside South Africa.
Chibiya who served as MD for over six years will be based at the Barclays Africa Group Ltd Head Office in Johannesburg after being replaced by Mizinga Melu who took over on 1st April 2017.
Melu was Regional Management Chief Executive responsible for coordinating integrated planning across the Barclays businesses outside of South Africa and also in developing stakeholder relationships with governments, regulators and Boards in the markets.
In his remarks when he attended a farewell cocktail hosted for Barclays’ clients, Minister of Finance Felix Mutati commended Barclays Bank Zambia under the leadership of Chibiya for the commitment and dedication to the bank’s core business strategy of adding growth to the key sectors of the economy.
The minister also commended Melu on her past achievements and that she was seasoned and well positioned to take over from Chibiya.
“I am informed that Barclays arranged financing of close to $6bn in recent years to support its clients in the key sectors of the economy,” said Mutati.
“This complements Government’s efforts through the ‘Economic Recovery Programme – Zambia Plus’ aimed at ensuring sustained and inclusive growth.”
Bank of Zambia Governor Dr Denny Kalyalya who was also present at the event observed that under Chibiya’s leadership, Barclays Bank Zambia Plc received two Governor’s awards consecutively in 2015 and 2016 in recognition of the bank’s strong financial literacy agenda and active participation in the Financial Literacy week and World Savings Day activities.
“I urge the bank, now under the leadership of Ms Mizinga Melu, to continue rendering support to the Zambian financial sector with affordable banking and financial services, and support the nation’s goal of increased financial inclusion,” said Dr. Kalyalya.
In his farewell message, Chibiya expressed gratitude to the board and clients.
“My heartfelt gratitude to our clients for the loyalty showcased over the years, our board of directors for their wise counsel and belief in the Bank’s strategy, and Barclays Zambia colleagues for their resilience in driving the bank’s strategy ultimately resulting in superior banking solutions for our clients’ diverse needs,” said Chibiya.
Melu said of her appointment: “It is such an honour to take the mantle from Savior Chibiya in driving our solid strategy and building on that to further pursue growth opportunities in the key economic sectors including mining, agriculture, energy, manufacturing, telecom and public sectors”.
“I further wish to reassure our clients that we remain committed to grow our business in Zambia,” said Melu.
About Charles Mafa
Charles Mafa is an Award winning investigative journalist, columnist and blogger.
Email: charles [at] diggers [dot] news
- Chinese rhino smugglers named - 15 Aug 2017
- Govt confirms arrest of Chinese smugglers - 31 Jul 2017
- Zambia arrests 3 Chinese, 2 locals for possessing 25 rhino horns - 29 Jul 2017
- Kwacha down to 8.8 per dollar - 13 Jul 2017
- Increased Zesco tariffs have caused rise in inflation – CSO - 1 Jul 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend