- by Joseph Mwenya on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zambia attracts $3bn investment from IndiaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 May 2017
Zambia’s High Commissioner to India Judith Kapijimpanga says trade between Zambia and India currently stands at US$700 million with Zambia’s continued seeking for investments from India in its core economic sectors.
And Kapijimpanga says since 2007, Foreign Direct Investment from India into the Zambian Economy has swelled to US$3 billion.
In a statement issued by First Secretary for Press and Tourism at the Zambian High Commission in India Bangwe Naviley, Kapijimpanga also disclosed that Finance Minister Felix Mutati was expected in India to attend the 2017 Africa Development Bank (AfDB) annual convention to be held from 22nd to 28th May at Mahatma Mandir Convention Center in India.
Kapijimpanga said the 2017 AfDB annual convention was expected to strengthen trade ties between India and African Countries.
“This year’s meeting follows a successful 2016 AfDB annual meeting held in Lusaka from May 23 to May 27, 2016,” Kapijimpanga said.Kapijimpanga who is also accredited to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Maldives and Singapore revealed that AfDB had 81 member countries of which 57 were from Africa and that India was among the 24 non regional member countries.
The 2017 AFDB annual convention meeting will be held under the Theme; ‘Transforming Agriculture for wealth creation in Africa.
Meanwhile Kapijimpanga further disclosed that since 2007, Foreign Direct Investment from India into the Zambian Economy had swelled to US$3 billion.
“Trade between India and Zambia currently stands at USD700 million. Indian exports to Zambia include pharmaceuticals, transport equipment, plastics, and chemicals while semi-precious stones, non-ferrous metals, ores (copper and cobalt), semi-precious stones and raw cotton constitute India’s imports from Zambia. India and Zambia aim to increase this trade to US$1 billion and Zambia has been seeking investments from India in its core economic sectors,” said Kapijimpanga.
“The High Commissioner says this includes a US$ 2.6 billion investment by Vedanta Resource in Konkola Copper Mines, the establishment of a US$ 300 million manganese processing plant by Taurian Manganese, and Bharti Airtel’s establishment of Airtel Zambia after its acquisition of Zain Telecom’s Africa Businesses.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- MDC engineering in deep trouble for failing to supply dredgers - 18 Dec 2017
- Chiefs are dishing out land to Chinese illegally – Kapata - 18 Dec 2017
- Saboi’s defection is healthy for us – UPND - 18 Dec 2017
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend