- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia attracts $3bn investment from IndiaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 May 2017
Zambia’s High Commissioner to India Judith Kapijimpanga says trade between Zambia and India currently stands at US$700 million with Zambia’s continued seeking for investments from India in its core economic sectors.
And Kapijimpanga says since 2007, Foreign Direct Investment from India into the Zambian Economy has swelled to US$3 billion.
In a statement issued by First Secretary for Press and Tourism at the Zambian High Commission in India Bangwe Naviley, Kapijimpanga also disclosed that Finance Minister Felix Mutati was expected in India to attend the 2017 Africa Development Bank (AfDB) annual convention to be held from 22nd to 28th May at Mahatma Mandir Convention Center in India.
Kapijimpanga said the 2017 AfDB annual convention was expected to strengthen trade ties between India and African Countries.
“This year’s meeting follows a successful 2016 AfDB annual meeting held in Lusaka from May 23 to May 27, 2016,” Kapijimpanga said.Kapijimpanga who is also accredited to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Maldives and Singapore revealed that AfDB had 81 member countries of which 57 were from Africa and that India was among the 24 non regional member countries.
The 2017 AFDB annual convention meeting will be held under the Theme; ‘Transforming Agriculture for wealth creation in Africa.
Meanwhile Kapijimpanga further disclosed that since 2007, Foreign Direct Investment from India into the Zambian Economy had swelled to US$3 billion.
“Trade between India and Zambia currently stands at USD700 million. Indian exports to Zambia include pharmaceuticals, transport equipment, plastics, and chemicals while semi-precious stones, non-ferrous metals, ores (copper and cobalt), semi-precious stones and raw cotton constitute India’s imports from Zambia. India and Zambia aim to increase this trade to US$1 billion and Zambia has been seeking investments from India in its core economic sectors,” said Kapijimpanga.
“The High Commissioner says this includes a US$ 2.6 billion investment by Vedanta Resource in Konkola Copper Mines, the establishment of a US$ 300 million manganese processing plant by Taurian Manganese, and Bharti Airtel’s establishment of Airtel Zambia after its acquisition of Zain Telecom’s Africa Businesses.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Chisamba woman kills step daughter, buries her at home - 17 Oct 2017
- ACC must publish findings on Kambwili – Mwila - 17 Oct 2017
- UPND demands formal invitation for HH to attend prayer day - 16 Oct 2017
- US Embassy give $55,000 grant to 6 Zambian communities - 16 Oct 2017
- Chiefs must help heal Zambia, not aggravate division – Shakumbila - 15 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend