by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 19 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 19 Oct 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 18 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Chibamba Kanyama on 8 Oct 2018by WECREATE I ZAMBIA on 13 Sep 2018by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018
by Diggers Editor on 19 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 12 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Oct 2018by CUTS on 9 Oct 2018by CUTS on 2 Oct 2018
Zambia attracts $3bn investment from IndiaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 May 2017
Zambia’s High Commissioner to India Judith Kapijimpanga says trade between Zambia and India currently stands at US$700 million with Zambia’s continued seeking for investments from India in its core economic sectors.
And Kapijimpanga says since 2007, Foreign Direct Investment from India into the Zambian Economy has swelled to US$3 billion.
In a statement issued by First Secretary for Press and Tourism at the Zambian High Commission in India Bangwe Naviley, Kapijimpanga also disclosed that Finance Minister Felix Mutati was expected in India to attend the 2017 Africa Development Bank (AfDB) annual convention to be held from 22nd to 28th May at Mahatma Mandir Convention Center in India.
Kapijimpanga said the 2017 AfDB annual convention was expected to strengthen trade ties between India and African Countries.
“This year’s meeting follows a successful 2016 AfDB annual meeting held in Lusaka from May 23 to May 27, 2016,” Kapijimpanga said.Kapijimpanga who is also accredited to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Maldives and Singapore revealed that AfDB had 81 member countries of which 57 were from Africa and that India was among the 24 non regional member countries.
The 2017 AFDB annual convention meeting will be held under the Theme; ‘Transforming Agriculture for wealth creation in Africa.
Meanwhile Kapijimpanga further disclosed that since 2007, Foreign Direct Investment from India into the Zambian Economy had swelled to US$3 billion.
“Trade between India and Zambia currently stands at USD700 million. Indian exports to Zambia include pharmaceuticals, transport equipment, plastics, and chemicals while semi-precious stones, non-ferrous metals, ores (copper and cobalt), semi-precious stones and raw cotton constitute India’s imports from Zambia. India and Zambia aim to increase this trade to US$1 billion and Zambia has been seeking investments from India in its core economic sectors,” said Kapijimpanga.
“The High Commissioner says this includes a US$ 2.6 billion investment by Vedanta Resource in Konkola Copper Mines, the establishment of a US$ 300 million manganese processing plant by Taurian Manganese, and Bharti Airtel’s establishment of Airtel Zambia after its acquisition of Zain Telecom’s Africa Businesses.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zambians won’t spare PF in 2021 – Musenge - 19 Oct 2018
- We can’t abandon borrowing now, allow Lungu to borrow more for the economy – Malozo - 19 Oct 2018
- Consult each other despite differences, Aka urges politicians - 18 Oct 2018
- We can only unify Zambia if we accept we have a President – Wynter - 18 Oct 2018
- Mkushi farmers reject govt’s plea for financial contributions towards Independence celebrations - 17 Oct 2018
- Police give Tayali 'painful protection' after beating by UPND cadres at court
- America won't tolerate theft of its donor aid, warns Ambassador Foote
- Arrested UNZA lecturer out on bond after three days in detention for "insulting Lungu"
- Auditor General's report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Zambians react to scandals when its too late to reverse
- Zambia has no leadership that can stop theft of govt funds – Mulongoti
- Auditor General’s report details how Social Cash Transfer money was squandered
- Africa will have 1.3 billion more people by 2050, due to high fertility – UNFPA Report
- Bodybuilding not for thugs – Mr Zambia
- Kambwili asks Lungu, Sikazwe to forgive him
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend