- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Nkomeshya sued for tresspassingBy Elias Banda on 7 Feb 2017
LUSAKA High Court judge Petronella Ngulube is on February 10 expected to deliver ruling in a matter where senior chieftainess Nkomeshya Mukamambo II is accused of trespassing.
Last year, Felix Chasha, Charles Chasha, and Margaret Chasha sued chieftainess Nkomeshya (Elizabeth Mulenje) in the Lusaka High Court claiming damages for trespassing on farm 28 in Chongwe.
Chieftainess Nkomeshya is allegedly building a palace on the said land which she claimed was a government project.
Felix and two others stated that they were given the land by their late father Dickson Chasha who lived there until 1991 when he died.
“The plaintiffs are seeking a declaration that the defendant is not entitled to enter, use or build on farm 28 Chongwe,” read the claim in part.
The plaintiffs, who are being represented by Gilbert Phiri, are also claiming aggravated damages with interest.
But chieftainess Nkomeshya later asked the court to struck out the matter saying there was no cause of action because the said land belonged to her.
Chieftainess Nkomeshya had applied that Attorney General Likando Kalaluka be joined to the proceedings on account that construction of the palace was a government project.
Judge Ngulube joined Kalaluka to the case, saying the outcome of the case might have a direct bearing on his office.Related Items
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
- All dictators eventually go – Milupi
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend