- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Police to remain at M’membe’s house until ruling on May 9By Elias Banda on 25 Mar 2017
HIGH Court judge Susan Wanjelani has reserved ruling to May 19 in a matter where Fred M’membe and wife Mutinta are challenging the continued presence of police officers at their residence on Nangwenya road in Lusaka’s Rhodes Park area.
When the matter came up this morning, M’membe and wife through a team of lawyers led by Sashi Kateka from Nchito & Nchito Advocates argued that the state had no proof that the printing press at their residence belonged to Post Newspapers Limited.
The applicants submitted that the police officers had turned their residence into a resort yet their presence there was illegal.
Attorney General Likando had stated that there was no illegality in the presence of police officers at Fred M’membe’s house.
Kalaluka submitted that the state suspected that the printing press at M’membe’s residence is suspected to belong to the Post Newspaper (in liquidation).
He wants the court to dismiss the matter on the basis of law and facts.
But judge Wanjelani has reserved her ruling on the application for May 19.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend