- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Police to remain at M’membe’s house until ruling on May 9By Elias Banda on 25 Mar 2017
HIGH Court judge Susan Wanjelani has reserved ruling to May 19 in a matter where Fred M’membe and wife Mutinta are challenging the continued presence of police officers at their residence on Nangwenya road in Lusaka’s Rhodes Park area.
When the matter came up this morning, M’membe and wife through a team of lawyers led by Sashi Kateka from Nchito & Nchito Advocates argued that the state had no proof that the printing press at their residence belonged to Post Newspapers Limited.
The applicants submitted that the police officers had turned their residence into a resort yet their presence there was illegal.
Attorney General Likando had stated that there was no illegality in the presence of police officers at Fred M’membe’s house.
Kalaluka submitted that the state suspected that the printing press at M’membe’s residence is suspected to belong to the Post Newspaper (in liquidation).
He wants the court to dismiss the matter on the basis of law and facts.
But judge Wanjelani has reserved her ruling on the application for May 19.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend