- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Police to remain at M’membe’s house until ruling on May 9By Elias Banda on 25 Mar 2017
HIGH Court judge Susan Wanjelani has reserved ruling to May 19 in a matter where Fred M’membe and wife Mutinta are challenging the continued presence of police officers at their residence on Nangwenya road in Lusaka’s Rhodes Park area.
When the matter came up this morning, M’membe and wife through a team of lawyers led by Sashi Kateka from Nchito & Nchito Advocates argued that the state had no proof that the printing press at their residence belonged to Post Newspapers Limited.
The applicants submitted that the police officers had turned their residence into a resort yet their presence there was illegal.
Attorney General Likando had stated that there was no illegality in the presence of police officers at Fred M’membe’s house.
Kalaluka submitted that the state suspected that the printing press at M’membe’s residence is suspected to belong to the Post Newspaper (in liquidation).
He wants the court to dismiss the matter on the basis of law and facts.
But judge Wanjelani has reserved her ruling on the application for May 19.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend