- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Injuries knock out 3 from Zesco’s CAF squadBy Diggers Reporter on 4 Apr 2017
Zesco United will be without four key players for this Saturday’s 2017 CAF Confederation Cup away clash against Enugu Rangers of Nigeria.
Striker Jackson Mwanza, defender Simon Silwimba and midfielder Misheck Chaila are all ruled out with injuries.
The fourth player is striker Idris Mbombo who is suspended for the first leg.
“We have Jackson, Simon and Chaila who are all injured. Mbombo is also suspended but this is football we must prepare other players to play in Nigeria,” Zesco coach Zlatko Krmpotic said.
Silwimba has a groin injury that he sustained on March 10 during Zesco’s Confederation Cup first round, home leg match against Le Messager Ngozi of Burundi that they won 2-0 in Ndola.
Chaila has a right knee injury he suffered on Zambia duty in camp before Chipolopolo’s March 26 away friendly international against Zimbabwe in Harare.
Chaila and Silwimba injuries saw them miss Zesco’s Charity Shield semifinal and final.
Mwanza has a swollen ankle he sustained on March 30 in Zesco’s 4-2 Charity Shield semifinal win over Power Dynamos.
Meanwhile, Mbombo accrued two yellow cards in the Confederation Cup over the two legs against Ngozi.
Meanwhile, Zesco depart for Nigeria tomorrow, Wednesday ahead of their April 8 pre-group stage first leg match.
About Diggers Reporter
- Juvenile in court for having anal sex with 5-year-old - 22 Sep 2017
- Judge orders trial within trial in suspected ritual killers case - 22 Sep 2017
- I heard my cousins crying after my aunt gave them Doom, juvenile tells court - 22 Sep 2017
- Lusaka prophet claims he’s raised 6 from the dead - 22 Sep 2017
- Court discards forged letter from RTSA’s evidence against Kambwili - 21 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend