by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017
by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Zesco begin 2017 league raceBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Apr 2017
Zesco United hope to extend their unbeaten run in 2017 to seven competitive games when they host Konkola Blades in a FAZ Super Division Week 1 game today.
The match at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola will mark Zesco’s entry into the 2017 league title race.
This is after missing the first two rounds of the campaign due to their 2017 CAF Confederation Cup pre-group stage engagements against Enugu Rangers that they successfully negotiated with a 5-2 aggregate win over the Nigerians.
Zesco face promoted Blades hoping to make a bright start to the season after starting the year unbeaten with four wins and two draws so far.
They also return to domestic action a fortnight after lifting the season-opening Charity Shield following a 2-0 win over Nkana in the final on April 2 to hand new coach Zlatko Krmpotic his debut silverware.
However, Zesco will continue to be without striker Jackson Mwanza, defender Simon Silwimba and midfielder Misheck Chaila who have been out for the last three weeks due to injuries.
But Zesco are not short on depth with striker Jesse Were and John Chingandu who have scored four goals in all competition for Zesco will be gunning to open their league accounts.
And then there is also the curious case of striker Idris Mbombo who has endured a frustrating start in all five games and he will be looking to end his 2017 drought.
Meanwhile, Blades will be praying to continue with their bright start after beating Green Buffaloes 1-0 in Chililabombwe on Saturday.
Blades were the first promoted team to earn a win before City of Lusaka joined them 24 hours later with Sundays 4-1 away bashing of Mufulira Wanderers in a Week 2 win game in Mufulira.
About Diggers Reporter
- PAC notes increased collaboration between internal auditors and AG’s office - 23 Aug 2017
- Chipolopolo coach forgives Fwayo, Chama but not Kalaba - 23 Aug 2017
- Shaka Ssali in to discuss democracy in Zambia - 23 Aug 2017
- Mopani’s threats to prune 4,700 miners is an insult to government, Zambians – Sinkamba - 23 Aug 2017
- Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing police - 22 Aug 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Shaka Ssali in to discuss democracy in Zambia
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend