- by Joseph Mwenda on 11 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 11 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 11 Dec 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 11 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 11 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zesco begin 2017 league raceBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Apr 2017
Zesco United hope to extend their unbeaten run in 2017 to seven competitive games when they host Konkola Blades in a FAZ Super Division Week 1 game today.
The match at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola will mark Zesco’s entry into the 2017 league title race.
This is after missing the first two rounds of the campaign due to their 2017 CAF Confederation Cup pre-group stage engagements against Enugu Rangers that they successfully negotiated with a 5-2 aggregate win over the Nigerians.
Zesco face promoted Blades hoping to make a bright start to the season after starting the year unbeaten with four wins and two draws so far.
They also return to domestic action a fortnight after lifting the season-opening Charity Shield following a 2-0 win over Nkana in the final on April 2 to hand new coach Zlatko Krmpotic his debut silverware.
However, Zesco will continue to be without striker Jackson Mwanza, defender Simon Silwimba and midfielder Misheck Chaila who have been out for the last three weeks due to injuries.
But Zesco are not short on depth with striker Jesse Were and John Chingandu who have scored four goals in all competition for Zesco will be gunning to open their league accounts.
And then there is also the curious case of striker Idris Mbombo who has endured a frustrating start in all five games and he will be looking to end his 2017 drought.
Meanwhile, Blades will be praying to continue with their bright start after beating Green Buffaloes 1-0 in Chililabombwe on Saturday.
Blades were the first promoted team to earn a win before City of Lusaka joined them 24 hours later with Sundays 4-1 away bashing of Mufulira Wanderers in a Week 2 win game in Mufulira.
About Diggers Reporter
- Stanbic Bank Zambia announces new CEO - 11 Dec 2017
- Minister drops Solwezi General hospital management - 10 Dec 2017
- Doctor in court for failing to pay for 7 suits - 8 Dec 2017
- The lion sculpture was photo shopped – Ndola Council - 8 Dec 2017
- Our boss told us the cannabis lab was a prayer room – Witness - 8 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend