by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Feb 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Feb 2018by Mukosha Funga on 21 Feb 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Feb 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Feb 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Feb 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Feb 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Feb 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 1 Feb 2018by Diggers Reporter on 1 Feb 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 21 Feb 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Feb 2018by Diggers Editor on 18 Feb 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Feb 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Feb 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Feb 2018by Joseph Mwenda on 5 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 3 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 20 Feb 2018by Chibembe Nyalugwe on 19 Feb 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 15 Feb 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 13 Feb 2018
Zambia beat Botswana 2-1, through to COSAFA semisBy Joseph Mwenda on 1 Jul 2017
Zambia’s Chipolopolo Boys have qualified to the semi-finals of the COSAFA Castle Cup tournament taking place in South Africa after beating Botswana 2-1.
Zambia’s first goal came from Green Buffaloes striker Brian Mwila in the 10th minute, handing Chipolopolo an advantage into the second half.
Justine Shonga added a winner in the 69th minute when his close range connection deflected off the Motswana defender and through to the back of the net, in a rather own-goal fashion.
But three minutes later, Zambia conceded a penalty which, unfortunately, the Zebras failed to convert.
Botswana kept on knocking until the 79th minute when Kabelo Seakanyeng struck from close range to rekindle the Zebra’s hopes.
However, several of their follow up efforts went begging, ending Zambia’s COSAFA semifinal drought.
Shonga was named man of the match and went away with US$250.
Chipolopolo, the four-time champions have failed to qualify to the semifinal in two successive Cosafa Cup appearances since they lifted the title as hosts in 2013.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mwanakatwe marshals her team, wants civil servants salaries on time - 21 Feb 2018
- ZUFIAW demands that Mwanakatwe reverses suffocating taxes - 21 Feb 2018
- Tutwa rubbishes PF lies over Sinda clash with UPND - 19 Feb 2018
- President Kabila survives accident in Lusaka - 19 Feb 2018
- President Kabila was unharmed in Lusaka motorcade accident – Police - 18 Feb 2018
- Mwanakatwe marshals her team, wants civil servants salaries on time
- ZUFIAW demands that Mwanakatwe reverses suffocating taxes
- Take Zambia’s destiny in your hands, Kalaba urges citizens
- Lusaka is a time bomb, if we don’t work, people will soon laugh at us – Bowman
- MPs grill Kapata for failing to remit Mukula proceeds to Treasury
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend