by Julia Malunga on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Nov 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 11 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 8 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 13 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
IG Kanganja promotes SiameBy Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019
Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja has promoted 200m All Africa Games champion Sydney Siame to chief inspector.
And badminton ace Evelyn Siamupangila who was part of the 2019 All Africa Games team has also been promoted to sergeant.
Siame defied odds to win Zambia’s only gold medal at the continental games last month and qualified to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
According to a statement released by Zambia Police public relations department, Siame before his promotion was an inspector at Matero Police Station.
Kanganja urged Siame to continue lifting the Zambian flag higher.
He said the Zambia Police Service and the entire country was proud of Siame’s outstanding performance at the just ended All Africa Games.
“Keep the Zambian flag high, we will continue supporting you and motivating you. Today I promote you to the rank of Chief Inspector,” said the Inspector General of Police.
The National Olympic Committee of Zambia (NOCZ) president Alfred Foloko expressed gratitude to the Inspector General of Police for his support.
Foloko said the Morocco outing was fruitful as police officers performed well as evidenced with Siame’s gold medal.
Zambia reaped a total of five medals that included one gold, one silver and three bronze.Related Items
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (6,647 views)
- Electoral violence inquiry report implicates Mumbi Phiri, Frank Bwalya, Mwata Kazembe (3,345 views)
- DEC summons Amos Chanda for questioning (2,583 views)
- Power deficit has worsened load shedding beyond 15hrs - Zesco (1,475 view)
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal! (1,263 view)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
- ConCourt ruling on ex-ministers different from my 2021 eligibility, this one is questionable - Lungu
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend