by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
HH has right to see personal doctor – CourtBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Apr 2017
Lusaka magistrate Greenwell Malumani has ordered that opposition UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema be attended to by his personal medical doctor saying it is the right of the accused to receive speedy and proper medication.
Ruling on some preliminary issues raised by HH’s lawyers today, the court also ordered that HH be transferred from Lilayi Training College to Lusaka Central Prison (Chimbokaila).
Magistrate Malumani also ordered that HH’s family; his wife Mutinta, children and five others, be granted access to the accused.
Magistrate Malumani further accorded HH access to basic needs which are to be provided by the officer in charge at the correctional facility where he is remanded.
He further ordered that HH must be allowed at least one hour with his defense lawyers to confer on the charges he is facing.
Magistrate Malumani said the court would study the other issues before giving a comprehensive ruling later.
This is in a matter in which HH and five others are charged with treason; it is alleged that they conspired to overthrow President Edgar Lungu.
HH was in high spirits and he flashed the UPND symbol at his supporters who filled the courtroom.
The matter was however adjourned to Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 09:00 hours.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu has proved commitment to GBV fight by sacking Siame – ActionAid - 15 Sep 2019
- Zambia’s power deficit reaches 700MW, reveals energy minister - 15 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it – Lungu - 14 Sep 2019
- Allow us to donate relief food where there’s need than giving DMMU – UPND - 13 Sep 2019
- Govt must stop appointing cadres on boards of oversight institutions – TIZ - 13 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,622 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,606 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,463 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,310 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,266 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend