- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
HH has right to see personal doctor – CourtBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Apr 2017
Lusaka magistrate Greenwell Malumani has ordered that opposition UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema be attended to by his personal medical doctor saying it is the right of the accused to receive speedy and proper medication.
Ruling on some preliminary issues raised by HH’s lawyers today, the court also ordered that HH be transferred from Lilayi Training College to Lusaka Central Prison (Chimbokaila).
Magistrate Malumani also ordered that HH’s family; his wife Mutinta, children and five others, be granted access to the accused.
Magistrate Malumani further accorded HH access to basic needs which are to be provided by the officer in charge at the correctional facility where he is remanded.
He further ordered that HH must be allowed at least one hour with his defense lawyers to confer on the charges he is facing.
Magistrate Malumani said the court would study the other issues before giving a comprehensive ruling later.
This is in a matter in which HH and five others are charged with treason; it is alleged that they conspired to overthrow President Edgar Lungu.
HH was in high spirits and he flashed the UPND symbol at his supporters who filled the courtroom.
The matter was however adjourned to Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 09:00 hours.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer - 19 Oct 2017
- Pastors pray for Lungu: “The President shouldn’t die” - 18 Oct 2017
- Opposition shuns National Day of Prayer - 18 Oct 2017
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- Chisamba woman kills step daughter, buries her at home - 17 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend