- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
HH has right to see personal doctor – CourtBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Apr 2017
Lusaka magistrate Greenwell Malumani has ordered that opposition UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema be attended to by his personal medical doctor saying it is the right of the accused to receive speedy and proper medication.
Ruling on some preliminary issues raised by HH’s lawyers today, the court also ordered that HH be transferred from Lilayi Training College to Lusaka Central Prison (Chimbokaila).
Magistrate Malumani also ordered that HH’s family; his wife Mutinta, children and five others, be granted access to the accused.
Magistrate Malumani further accorded HH access to basic needs which are to be provided by the officer in charge at the correctional facility where he is remanded.
He further ordered that HH must be allowed at least one hour with his defense lawyers to confer on the charges he is facing.
Magistrate Malumani said the court would study the other issues before giving a comprehensive ruling later.
This is in a matter in which HH and five others are charged with treason; it is alleged that they conspired to overthrow President Edgar Lungu.
HH was in high spirits and he flashed the UPND symbol at his supporters who filled the courtroom.
The matter was however adjourned to Wednesday April 19th, 2017 at 09:00 hours.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
- PF cadres attack NDC officials at 5fm - 14 Dec 2017
- ZAM disapproves Pilato’s Koswe Mumpoto song - 13 Dec 2017
- COBUSU members have been suspended for causing riots – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend