- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Minister offends journalists with “stealing” jokeBy Diggers Reporter on 7 May 2017
In this audio, Minister of Housing and Infrastructure Development Ronald Chitotela explains a bad joke he made yesterday evening, where he told journalists not to steal chicken.
The private sector organisers invited Chototela to officiate at the signing ceremony with an Egyptian company selling elite homes in Zambia, and about 10 urban housing units were sold at the event, but the occasion was not to pass without an elite joke against the not-so elite journalists.
“I hope chickens won’t go missing here because the media is fond of stealing chickens,” remarked Chitotela, leaving news reporters in shock.
Journalists did not take the remarks kindly and some approached the minister after the event to register their displeasure at the joke.
Chitotela told News! Diggers today saying the fact that he is minister doesn’t mean he is not allowed to joke with journalists.
“I was joking with Tom Njovu from ZNBC, you know he acted a movie on TV where he is stealing chickens and putting in the jacket, I am sure you have watched that,” Chitotela explained.
He said after noticing that some people did not get his joke, he asked the master of ceremonies, Lulu Haangala to help him explain it.
Chitotela added that he was a media friendly person and he did not intend to anger anybody but to tickle the ZNBC cameraman who is his tribal cousin.
Take a listen:
When contacted, Njovu confirmed that he always jokes with Chitotela.
“The joke was targeted at me, you know since that advert I made for Smooth Talk, whenever we meet he always says ‘you steal chickens’, but yesterday the way he put it…, he used the word media, so some people did not understand. But we always joke like that,” said Njovu.
Before joining ZNBC, Njovu was signed at Muvi TV as an actor where he earned his fame in the soap opera “Banja” under the character name “Limbikani”
About Diggers Reporter
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend