- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
PF studying Musenge’s exculpatory letterBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 May 2017
PF deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says the party is studying former Copperbelt Minister Mwenya Musenge’s response to allegations being against the party’s leadership.
In an Interview with News Diggers! about the party’s position on the PF intra-party wrangles on the Copperbelt, Mumbi disclosed that Musenge would face a disciplinary committee hearing if the party saw it fit after studying his response.
“On the Hon former Minister of Copperbelt province Mwenya Musenge, the party position is that we have written to him as a party to exculpate himself and he has responded. The normal process of the party constitution will be followed and his response will be looked at, if we see that there will be need for the disciplinary committee to be called, we will do that, and we are satisfied with the answer! We will leave it like that,” Mumbi said.
And Mumbi could not give the party’s position on the differences between Luansya Mayor Nathan Chanda and Roan PF Member of Parliament Chishimba Kambwili because she had not spoken with him.
“On the member of parliament for Roan Hon Chishimba Kambwili, I can’t comment because I don’t have facts, and in fact I was trying to talk to him but I couldn’t get through his number,” said Mumbi.
On Friday May 12, Chanda who is also Copperbelt PF youth chairperson issued a statement challenging former provincial Minister Mwenya Musenge to come out in the open and declare that he was no longer in support of President Edgar Lungu’s administration.
And yesterday, Kambwili warned Luansya Mayor Nathan Chanda against using force on street vendors saying it was the same vendors whom he was treating like dogs who elected him.
Meanwhile in his latest Facebook posting, Dr Kambwili said it was a shame that young boys were allowed to spread lies and falsehood.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Chief Kaindu too drunk to reason – Jean Kapata - 19 Aug 2017
- WHO, UNAIDS support mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release not a result of international pressure – Kampamba - 17 Aug 2017
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement
- Tribute to the 5 ‘co-abused’
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend