- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
PF studying Musenge’s exculpatory letterBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 May 2017
PF deputy Secretary General Mumbi Phiri says the party is studying former Copperbelt Minister Mwenya Musenge’s response to allegations being against the party’s leadership.
In an Interview with News Diggers! about the party’s position on the PF intra-party wrangles on the Copperbelt, Mumbi disclosed that Musenge would face a disciplinary committee hearing if the party saw it fit after studying his response.
“On the Hon former Minister of Copperbelt province Mwenya Musenge, the party position is that we have written to him as a party to exculpate himself and he has responded. The normal process of the party constitution will be followed and his response will be looked at, if we see that there will be need for the disciplinary committee to be called, we will do that, and we are satisfied with the answer! We will leave it like that,” Mumbi said.
And Mumbi could not give the party’s position on the differences between Luansya Mayor Nathan Chanda and Roan PF Member of Parliament Chishimba Kambwili because she had not spoken with him.
“On the member of parliament for Roan Hon Chishimba Kambwili, I can’t comment because I don’t have facts, and in fact I was trying to talk to him but I couldn’t get through his number,” said Mumbi.
On Friday May 12, Chanda who is also Copperbelt PF youth chairperson issued a statement challenging former provincial Minister Mwenya Musenge to come out in the open and declare that he was no longer in support of President Edgar Lungu’s administration.
And yesterday, Kambwili warned Luansya Mayor Nathan Chanda against using force on street vendors saying it was the same vendors whom he was treating like dogs who elected him.
Meanwhile in his latest Facebook posting, Dr Kambwili said it was a shame that young boys were allowed to spread lies and falsehood.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
- PF cadres attack NDC officials at 5fm - 14 Dec 2017
- ZAM disapproves Pilato’s Koswe Mumpoto song - 13 Dec 2017
- COBUSU members have been suspended for causing riots – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend