- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Kitwe PF demand Musenge’s expulsionBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 6 Jun 2017
The Patriotic Front in Kitwe has asked the Central Committee to expel former Chimwemwe member of parliament Mwenya Musenge saying it was unacceptable for him to visit treason accused Hakainde Hichilema in prison.
Meanwhile, Musenge has appeared before the PF disciplinary committee to exculpate himself and their findings will be forwarded to the Central Committee of the party at its next sitting.
In a statement today, Kitwe women and youths demanded for Musenge’s expulsion.
“As women and youth, we are deeply shocked and disappointed by the behaviour of former MP for Chimwemwe Constituency, Mwenya Musenge. We further wish to appeal to the disciplinary committee of the PF sitting today in Lusaka to remove Mr Musenge from the central committee for gross misconduct and indiscipline. His behaviour of visiting UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema is a sign that the former Chimwemwe MP is not loyal to the PF and must actually be expelled from the party,” read the sttement which was signed by Kitwe PF youth chairman Kaboba Mukhonzo and PF chairlady Maggie Mwila.
“He has continued to disregard the leadership of the party which supported him in the 2016 general election despite being very unpopular in Chimwemwe Constituency. President Edgar Lungu as chairman of the Central Committee supported the adoption of Mwenya Musenge even when there were indications that he had challenges winning the election as MP.”
When contacted for a reaction, Musenge said he had not yet seen the statement adding that he was unable to comment as he was getting ready for the second half of his disciplinary hearing.
PF media director Sunday Chanda said in a brief statement that the findings of the hearing would be tabled at the next Central Committee sitting.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- WHO, UNAIDS support mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release not a result of international pressure – Kampamba - 17 Aug 2017
- HH release in public interest – Scotland - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend