- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Kitwe PF demand Musenge’s expulsionBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 6 Jun 2017
The Patriotic Front in Kitwe has asked the Central Committee to expel former Chimwemwe member of parliament Mwenya Musenge saying it was unacceptable for him to visit treason accused Hakainde Hichilema in prison.
Meanwhile, Musenge has appeared before the PF disciplinary committee to exculpate himself and their findings will be forwarded to the Central Committee of the party at its next sitting.
In a statement today, Kitwe women and youths demanded for Musenge’s expulsion.
“As women and youth, we are deeply shocked and disappointed by the behaviour of former MP for Chimwemwe Constituency, Mwenya Musenge. We further wish to appeal to the disciplinary committee of the PF sitting today in Lusaka to remove Mr Musenge from the central committee for gross misconduct and indiscipline. His behaviour of visiting UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema is a sign that the former Chimwemwe MP is not loyal to the PF and must actually be expelled from the party,” read the sttement which was signed by Kitwe PF youth chairman Kaboba Mukhonzo and PF chairlady Maggie Mwila.
“He has continued to disregard the leadership of the party which supported him in the 2016 general election despite being very unpopular in Chimwemwe Constituency. President Edgar Lungu as chairman of the Central Committee supported the adoption of Mwenya Musenge even when there were indications that he had challenges winning the election as MP.”
When contacted for a reaction, Musenge said he had not yet seen the statement adding that he was unable to comment as he was getting ready for the second half of his disciplinary hearing.
PF media director Sunday Chanda said in a brief statement that the findings of the hearing would be tabled at the next Central Committee sitting.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Minister takes public transport to town - 21 Oct 2017
- We need to reduce our appetite for borrowing – Mutati - 21 Oct 2017
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer - 19 Oct 2017
- Pastors pray for Lungu: “The President shouldn’t die” - 18 Oct 2017
- Opposition shuns National Day of Prayer - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend