- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
ACC arrests Chituwo, Met Director, 3 others for corruptionBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Jun 2017
The Anti- Corruption Commission has arrested former Mumbwa Central Member of Parliament Brian Chituwo for corrupt practices involving declaration of interest.
And the Commission has arrested three former officials and an Acting Director from the Zambia Meteorological Department (ZMD) for corrupt practices involving over 49,000 Euros.
ACC Public Relations Manager Timothy Moono in a statement released today said Chituwo aged 70, of house number 1/88 of F/401a, Lilayi, Lusaka was arrested and charged with one count of conflict of interest contrary to Section 28(2) as read with Section 41 of the Anti- Corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.
“Details of the offence are that on dates unknown but between 1st January, 2012 and 31st December, 2014 in Mumbwa District of Central Province; Chituwo attended a Council meeting, and participated in the proceedings to fund Blue Sky FM Limited, a private company in which he was director and shareholder without declaring interest in writing,” Moono disclosed.
“Dr Chituwo has since been released on bond and is scheduled to appear in Court on Friday 16th June, 2017.”
Meanwhile the Commission has arrested and jointly charged with three others, an Acting Director at the Zambia Meteorological Department, identified as Joseph Kanyanga aged 53, of Plot No 1245, Katope Street, Chelstone with one Count of Corrupt Practices by Public Officer contrary to Section 19 (1) of the Anti-Corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.
“Others are Jacob Nkomoki aged 58, a retiree of Plot no. 11 Airport Road; Mukufute Mukelebai aged 60, a retiree and currently a farmer of House No. 100 Mongu Airport Compound; and Oversease Mwangase aged 59, retired, of plot No. 15570/M/U Chalala Hillview, Lusaka,” said Moono.
“Details are that the four, on unknown dates but between 1st July 2014 and 1st Novemebr 2015 in Lusaka, being public officers employed at the Zambia Meteorological Department, corruptly solicited for K12, 459 Euros cash each as gratification from GBMS Engineering LTD as an inducement or reward in order to sign the completion statement for the works that were awarded to GBMS Ltd based on contract No. BM21D 2011997672, a matter or transaction concerning the Zambia Meteorological Department under the Ministry of Communication and Transport, a public body.”
He said that the four were arrested yesterday and have since been released on bond, and will appear in Court on 12th July 2017.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release not a result of international pressure – Kampamba - 17 Aug 2017
- HH release in public interest – Scotland - 16 Aug 2017
- Revisit policy on compulsory HIV testing, HRC urges govt - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend