- by Patricia Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
RDA fires Saili, NgomaBy Joseph Mwenda on 5 Aug 2017
The Road Development Agency (RDA) has terminated the contracts of Communication and Corporate Affairs Director Loyce Saili as well as Director for Legal affairs Mwaka Ngoma.
Saili told News Diggers! in an interview that she was separated from the Agency but refused to give details of the circumstances that led to her termination of contract.
“Yes I am no longer with RDA but it’s not something that I want to talk about. I can just say that I am no longer with RDA, that’s all I can say. I cannot talk about this issue, I don’t want to say more than that.
Other employees at the Agency expressed shock at Saili’s dismissal.
“She received her letter of termination of contract on Monday after she returned from Northern Province where she went for the ground breaking ceremony. That was her last assignment in the field. It’s like she didn’t even know because she even reported for work on Monday only to be given a letter terminating her contract,” said Saili’s former workmate who sought anonymity.
“Normally whenever we have these field trips for groundbreaking, site visits or inspections, she is the one who organises. She has been doing that for so many years. People are very shocked here because no one knows what wrong she has done. We don’t know if something happened wherever she went we don’t know. We just can’t understand because we have known her to be very hardworking.”
Last month, The Mast newspaper reported that Housing and infrastructure development minister Ronald Chitotela had demanded a Toyota VX from the Road Development Agency and his order was met with resistance.
The newspaper reported that the Minister had taken over the decision making responsibility at the Agency and was controlling which contractors got paid first.
But Chitotela rubbished the accusations, saying he knew nothing about the claim.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
- Police arrest 17 for burning Mufumbwe police station - 15 Oct 2017
- Mufumbwe residents burn down police station - 15 Oct 2017
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend