- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Criminals gun down two C5 cops in NdolaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 8 Aug 2017
Criminals in Ndola have gunned down two police officers from the flying squad (C5) while police also managed to kill two gunmen after an exchange of fire.
Copperbelt Province police commissioner Charity Katanga has confirmed the development to News Diggers! in an interview today, adding that the gun fight left a member of the public injured in the right arm above the elbow.
Katanga named the police victims as Sergeant Benard Chilubula of Anti Robbery squad and Francis Kunda also a Detective Sergeant of Anti robbery squad.
“The two criminals, one is called Phiri who was with Rasta. The two criminals are aged above 35 years old and their bodies are in Ndola central hospital mortuary. Equally the two bodies of the police officers are in Ndola central hospital mortuary. The member of the public is Erick Zulu a brick layer aged about 30 years old,” Katanga said.
“Two pistols were recovered and one shotgun, a Greener and a Toyota Corolla vintage which the criminals were using has also been recovered and parked at police.”
Katanga said the incident happened around 10hrs when the criminals stole K300 thousand cash from star bakery in Ndola and were being trailed by police.
“When they were trailed in Musumbi area, there was an exchange of fire where one police officer was shot at on the shoulders and died instantly. The others cintinued exchanging fire and that’s how one criminal was killed. Then later on the other one who was injured by Police also injured another police officer and whilst at the hospital that is when he succumbed to his injuries,” said Katanga.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Chief Kaindu too drunk to reason – Jean Kapata - 19 Aug 2017
- WHO, UNAIDS support mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release not a result of international pressure – Kampamba - 17 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend