by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Kafwaya survives accidentBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jan 2018
Former Solwezi member of parliament Dawson Kafwaya on Sunday sustained deep cuts on his body after he was involved in a road accident along the Solwezi-Chingola around 23:20 hours.
Meanwhile, one male passenger only identified as Luwaisha sustained a suspected spinal injury and died upon arrival at Solwezi General Hospital.
North Western province police Commissioner Auxensio Daka confirmed the accident in a statement and saying the accident happened near Fraca workshop about 10km east of Solwezi when the driver of the motor vehicle failed to negotiate a curve and overturned several times.
Daka said also involved in the accident were four other persons.
“Fatal road traffic accident occured on 21/01/18 around 23:20 hours along Solwezi-Chingola road near Freca workshop about 10km east of Sowezi. Involved was male Smart Kafwaya aged 22 of Saviye area Solwezi who whilst driving a motor vehicle Toyota Hilux Reg ALX 4876 form west to east failed to negotiate a curve due to excessive speed, went off the road and overturned several times,” Daka stated.
“Male Luwaisha other names not known, a passenger sustained a suspected spinal injury and died upon arrival at Solwezi General hospital; male Dawson Kafwaya aged 33 of Saviye area, also former member of parliament for Solwezi Central, sustained a deep cut on the fore head,cuts on the nose, upper lip and right fingers; female Shila Manda aged 21 of Mitec area Solwezi, who sustained a swollen forehead and painful left arm; female Melody Shamambo aged 28 of Shire Homes Solwezi, sustained bruised face and painful left arm. The driver male Smart Kafwaya sustain a bruised right and general body pains.”
Daka disclosed that all the victims are admitted to Solwezi General Hospital while the body of the deceased has been deposited to the same hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.
He stated that the motor vehicle was extensively damaged as the driver will be charged for causing death by dangerous driving.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- UPND enjoys ‘punching holes on Lungu’, naya kumbuyo- Chalikosa - 17 Oct 2019
- It’s worthless to raise corrupt hands in prayer for prosperity without repentance – Musa - 17 Oct 2019
- You’re being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies - 17 Oct 2019
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates - 17 Oct 2019
- 51 houses symptomatic of deeper problem – TIZ - 17 Oct 2019
- Police should not wear masks (2,787 views)
- Phiri explains heavy police presence in Lusaka's CBD (2,457 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (1,751 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,559 view)
- You're being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies (1,051 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu
- The Proposed 2019 Constitution Amendment Bill: A Threat to Zambia’s Democracy?
- Police should not wear masks
- SA’s renewed load shedding puts Zesco power import deal at risk – Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend