by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
ZNBC suspends subeditor, reporter over wrong picture captionsBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Apr 2018
The Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) has suspended its subeditor Barbara Malilwe and reporter Mark Ziligone for allegedly putting wrong captions on a news story featuring Botswana’s President Mokgweetsi Masisi.
On one caption, ZNBC aired a news clip in which the Batswana President was speaking, with a caption reading “Botswana of President”.
Zambia Union of Broadcasters and other Information Disseminators Secretary General Andrew Mpandamwike confirmed the development to News Diggers! in an interview.
Mpandamwike described the development as unfortunate adding that the procedure was not followed when suspending its union members.
“I don’t have the details, I will have the details on Monday but it is true that they have been suspended. Its very unfortunate and I don’t think any procedures were followed when dealing with that issue,”
It is not clear whether the two caption circulated on social media were the reasons for their suspension, as ZNBC Public Relations Officer Yvette Chanda, when contacted, expressed ignorance over the matter.
Just over a month ago, ZNBC showed a news clip of United Nations Resident Coordinator Janet Rogan with a caption “Inonge Wina, Vice-President”, forcing netizens to mock the national broadcaster that the Vice-President had changed complexion.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi - 20 Sep 2019
- We’re poorly funded to fight all corruption – ACC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambia plans maize exports to DRC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambeef driver commits suicide - 19 Sep 2019
- 2020 budget should clear K1.2 billion owed to medical suppliers, demands PSZ - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,890 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (2,068 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (2,062 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,504 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (1,038 view)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend