- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
More fail grade 9 exams compared to 2017By Diggers Reporter on 31 Dec 2018
Only 116,616 out of the 255,449 candidates that sat for the Grade 9 examination have progressed to grade 10.
According to the results announced by acting Minister of General Education Elizabeth Phiri today, out of the 116,616 that passed, 58,974 are boys while 57,642 are girls.
Phiri said the national progression rate to Grade 10 is 45.65 percent from the 52.76 percent recorded in 2017 .
She urged all candidates who sat for grade 9 external examination to combine their statement of results.
She said combining the results through the District Education Boards will enable them to be admitted to grade 10.
And Examination Council of Zambia Director Dr Michael Chilala said the 2018 Grade 9 examination have gone down in history as most challenging due to examination malpractices.
Dr Chilala said ECZ will have an assessment to review the situation to avoid the situation repeating itself in future.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,178 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,219 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,970 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,481 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,132 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend