by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 19 Nov 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 18 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Nov 2019by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 17 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Tu PF mulefwaya kunjipanya, jokes Kambwili in courtBy Daniel Chansa on 12 Feb 2019
Tu PF mulefwaya kunjipanya (PF, you want to kill me), Chishimba Kambwili joking shouted as he constantly coughed in the Luanshya Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
And the matter in which Kambwili and 11 others are charged with unlawful assembly failed to take off because Kambwili said he was unwell and needed to go to the hospital.
In this case, it is alleged that Kambwili and 11 others on November 25, in Luanshya, jointly and whilst acting together, unlawfully assembled with intent to carryout some common purpose and did conduct themselves in such a manner as to cause persons in the neighborhood reasonably to fear that they will commit a breach of peace.
The matter is before Ndola Principal Resident magistrate Obister Musukwa.
When Kambwili entered the courtroom for possible commencement of trial, he was constantly coughing.
While, coughing, Kambwili jokingly said; “tu PF mulefwaya kunjipanya”, sending the fully packed courtroom into laughter.
And when the matter was called out, the state said they were ready to proceed with two witnesses but defence lawyer Charistor Mukonka said his client was unable to stand trial as he was unwell.
“We were ready to start but our client is unwell. He wanted to go straight to the hospital, but just came to court so we get the right procedure. He has a cough and a fever. So we ask that the matter be adjourned so that he seeks medical attention,” said Mukonka.
Magistrate Musukwa granted the application, adjourning the case to Wednesday, February 13, 2019.
Meanwhile, Kambwili was scheduled to hold a press briefing to address President Edgar Lungu’s remarks that according to him, both the Roan PF member of parliament and Housing and Infrastructure Minister Ronald Chitotela were innocent. The briefing did not take place.Related Items
- PF youths demand change of presidential candidate, as Mwila insists 'it's Lungu' (8,318 views)
- Standard Chartered closes 5 branches (6,374 views)
- There're no animals left here, we want a mine in Lower Zambezi - Chief Mburuma (2,617 views)
- Sorry Amos, defending a President is a thankless job (2,014 views)
- HH writes IMF, submits economic recovery plan (1,942 view)
- ActionAid demands Lungu’s position on violence report
- Utilize National Health Insurance Scheme funds prudently, ZMA urges govt
- HH writes IMF, submits economic recovery plan
- Lungu’s disregard of ConCourt ruling on ex-ministers shows Zambia has 2 sets of laws – VJ
- Politicking on tribal lines can ignite civil strife, warn CSOs
- National Assembly apologizes to Gary for imposing longer suspension period
- Standard Chartered closes 5 branches
- PF youths demand change of presidential candidate, as Mwila insists 'it's Lungu'
- I don’t understand how we lost - Mwepu
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend