- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Mundende reshuffles Zesco directorsBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Feb 2019
Returning from local leave, Zesco managing director Victor Mundende has made staff reshuffles and appointments at various levels within the utility.
The Zesco boss went on ‘local leave’ at the beginning of January 2018, leaving Director of Transmission Webster Musonda as acting Managing Director. In the midst of PF cadres accusing him of failing to empower ruling party youths with jobs and contracts, the Mundende’s leave fuelled speculation that it was politically motivated to pave way for investigations into his dealings.
But in a memo number 108/2019 dated February 8, 2019, which was addressed to all company managers and employees, Mundende authoritatively stated that he had implemented staff changes in an effort to enhance the company’s efficiency and service delivery.
Mundende relieved Director of Distribution Denis Banda and appointed his Lusaka divisional manager Yona Sichalwe as new to take over the position.
He has also appointed corporate affairs senior manager Patrick Mwila as the new director for strategy and corporate services, while chief engineer senior manager for electro technical services Collins Kavamba has been appointed as senior manager for transmission O and M South.
“In an effort to enhance our operational efficiency and service delivery to our esteemed customers, management wishes to advise you that the following staff changes have been made, with immediate effect: Mr Yona Sichalwe -Divisional Manager Lusaka Division has been appointed Director Distribution. Mr. Patrick Mwila – Senior Manager Corporate Affairs, has been appointed Director Strategy and Corporate Services. Mr. Collins Kavamba, Chief Engineer-Senior Manager – Electro Technical Services has been appointed as Senior Manager- Transmission, O and M South,” the memo read.
Mundende also transferred southern division manager Clement Silavwe to Lusaka in the same capacity, among other changes.
“Mr. Felix Chifwaila – Chief Engineer SCADA Projects has been appointed senior Manager – Electro Technical Services. Mr. Wilson S. Banda, Chief Engineer – small hydros has been appointed power station manager – ITPC. Dr Elenestina Mwelwa – Chief Environmental Scientist, South has been appointed Senior Manager – SHEQ. Mr Alex Mbumba -Regional Manager, Lusaka South has been appointed Divisional Manager – Southern Division. Mr Clement Silavwe -Division Manager, Southern Division has been transferred to Lusaka Division in the same capacity. Please be informed accordingly and it is my sincere hope that you will give them the necessary support,” stated Mundende in the memo.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- K1,500 surcharge for CBU students a fundraising venture – Kabwita - 12 Aug 2019
- PF has opened overnight street vending along Lusaka’s Lumumba Rd – Moonga - 12 Aug 2019
- Oasis Forum calls for withdrawal of Constitution bill - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs about US $660bn annually to achieve SDGs – UNCA - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs home-grown solutions for its challenges – Lungu - 8 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (1,413 view)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend