by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
GBM has joined PF’s focus on fixing HH instead of national problems – KatukaBy Thomas Mulenga on 2 May 2019
UPND secretary general Steven Katuka says the party has noted with disbelief the continued focus by former party vice president GBM and PF secretary general Davies Mwila on insulting UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema at the expense of finding solutions to national development.
In a statement, Katuka said his party was more focused on finding solutions to national challenges than personal attacks.
“We have noted media reports widely quoting PF Secretary General Davies Mwila while others are quoting our former vice-President Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba, now a PF member, all saying they want to dismantle the UPND and fix our party President Hakainde Hichilema. We hope our citizens, especially the youth and women, are all seeing what matters the most to the PF officials as opposed to development, education and health,” Katuka said.
“President Hichilema gave a very respectable and dignified message of farewell to the former Vice President which has so far been well respected by the party structures and the country at large. President Hichilema realises that his friendship with Mr Mwamba went beyond politics and included families of both. That is why Mr Hichilema has been magnanimous by maintaining a respectable distance from the howling and bawling of GBM.”
He said the UPND was focused on finding solutions to national challenges than on personal attacks.
“While the PF manifesto and strategies are now that of dismantling the UPND and fixing Mr Hichilema, our party President and the UPND leadership will continue strategising on ending hunger and poverty in the country. That is cardinal and more urgent than ever before because it dwells on the survival of our people,” said Katuka.
“The problems affecting our people is not Mr. Hichilema and as UPND we are more preoccupied in finding solutions to the PF created debt mountain, unpaid Zampost workers, Council workers, National Housing Authority employees, plus no money in people’s pockets, unreasonable taxes, corruption among top government officials, joblessness among youth, closure of CBU, unpaid farmers, among other issues that require strategising, than personal feuds based on character assassination. If by fixing Mr Hichilema and the UPND will address the economic challenges our citizens are facing, then as UPND, we wholeheartedly welcome the new PF manifesto of making President Hakainde Hichilema their favourite breakfast show topic and in doing so, let them be weary that they will not fool the people of Zambia.”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,622 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,606 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,463 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,310 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,266 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend