by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 19 Nov 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 18 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Nov 2019by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 17 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by CUTS on 7 Nov 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Austerity measures a sham – KambwiliBy Thomas Mulenga on 31 May 2019
National Democratic Congress president Chishimba Kambwili says government is just trying to keep up appearances by announcing austerity measures which it doesn’t intend to implement.
And Kambwili says President Edgar Lungu acts like a “know it all person and yet he is simply a drunkard”.
Speaking to journalists at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court, Thursday, Kambwili said he didn’t believe government was serious about austerity measures.
“In order to try and keep up appearances with the donors, the Zambians, they announce austerity measures; two days later, last night on TV I was watching Chitalu Chilufya breaking the ground for the construction of a district hospital in Mambwe district. If really we don’t get upset as Zambians, these are reasons we must remove Edgar Lungu from government. I have said this and I want to say it again ‘Lesa nga alefwaya ukufumya abantu mucifulo alabala abalowa icilafi’ (when God wants to remove people from their positions, he makes them become forgetful),” Kambwili said.
“Because really, I don’t see how serious this government is; becaue they are discussing with the IMF to try and get another loan for balance of payment, they go and cheat the whole world that we are stopping all the borrowing that is in the pipeline and they are going to reduce on all projects, yet two days later they go and mislead the people of Eastern province that they were breaking the ground for the construction of a new hospital using money borrowed from China. What inconsistency is this? I think we need to be serious as Zambians.”
And Kambwili said President Lungu acted like a “know it all person and yet he is simply a drunkard”.
“How can you have a President who is a lawyer, says KCM is under liquidation at the same time they go and appoint a management for the continued operation of KCM, what nonsense! When you are liquidating a company, you are winding up a company to stop operation. After the liquidation is done, that company has to be removed from the register of companies, it will never exist any more. You see, ‘insoni ebuntu, ngabamishinina abanenu, bamicita advise that that liquidation is wrong, stop it, the best you can do is stop it and change the approach,” said Kambwili.
“But because this President is so arrogant, he doesn’t want to get advice, he is a know it all person and yet he is simply a drunkard. How can you go for liquidation and then appoint a management to continue running a company? Can we please put our house in order as Zambians.”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- PF youths demand change of presidential candidate, as Mwila insists 'it's Lungu' (8,251 views)
- Standard Chartered closes 5 branches (6,309 views)
- There're no animals left here, we want a mine in Lower Zambezi - Chief Mburuma (2,594 views)
- Sorry Amos, defending a President is a thankless job (2,005 views)
- HH writes IMF, submits economic recovery plan (1,783 view)
- ActionAid demands Lungu’s position on violence report
- Utilize National Health Insurance Scheme funds prudently, ZMA urges govt
- HH writes IMF, submits economic recovery plan
- Lungu’s disregard of ConCourt ruling on ex-ministers shows Zambia has 2 sets of laws – VJ
- Politicking on tribal lines can ignite civil strife, warn CSOs
- National Assembly apologizes to Gary for imposing longer suspension period
- Standard Chartered closes 5 branches
- PF youths demand change of presidential candidate, as Mwila insists 'it's Lungu'
- I don’t understand how we lost - Mwepu
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend