by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
Police nab man, 26, for murder of Chinese coupleBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Jun 2019
Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja says police have arrested a 26-year-old man of Mumbwa’s Katala Village for the murder of a Chinese couple.
And Kanganja has expressed displeasure over the leakage of CCTV footage related to the same matter which could have jeopardized investigations.
In a statement, Thursday, Kanganja stated that Kenneth Figo was apprehended from Lusaka’s Balastone area where he was hiding.
“We have arrested the suspect behind the murder of a Chinese national couple which occurred in Mumbwa yesterday. The suspect has been identified as Kenneth Figo aged 26 of Katala Village in Mumbwa who worked for the victims as a salesman. He was apprehended from Balastone area in Lusaka today where he was hiding,” stated Kanganja.
“I wish to express my displeasure at the leaking of the CCTV footage in the same matter which has gone viral and had potential to jeopardize investigations. I therefore appeal to members of the public to desist from such acts.”
On Wednesday, Central Province Police Commissioner Chola Katanga announced that a Chinese couple had been gruesomely murdered by unknown people in their shop in Mumbwa District while the attackers fled with an undisclosed amount worth of property.
Katanga identified the deceased as Zumin Hu, 49, wife, and Jinrong Yon, 53, husband, saying they were discovered lying in a pool of blood in their shop on Wednesday morning.
“Female Zuming Hu, aged 49, and Jinrong Yon, aged 53, who are a couple and were running a shop next to Radian stores in Mumbwa. The name of the shop was Sun Share. They were attacked by unknown people and they sustained multiple injuries on the body and head injuries. The female body was found lying in a pool of blood. And the bodies have been deposited in the mortuary at Mumbwa Hospital,” said Katanga.
“The attackers are suspected to have gone away with property, which is yet to be ascertained. And they are suspected to have entered through the rear gate of the shop, which was found open. The incident occurred in the night between 18:00 hours and 04:30 hours. The bodies were discovered around 04:30 hours by Kelvin Munyika, 31, a security guard for Choppies Mumbwa which is just opposite Sun Share Shop. And the attack happened right in the shop. It appears the attackers used sharp objects, which were being sold in the shop, because in the shop there were also axes. But we are doing investigations.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi - 20 Sep 2019
- We’re poorly funded to fight all corruption – ACC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambia plans maize exports to DRC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambeef driver commits suicide - 19 Sep 2019
- 2020 budget should clear K1.2 billion owed to medical suppliers, demands PSZ - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (3,413 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,399 view)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (974 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (943 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive - PF (890 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend