by Julia Malunga on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Nov 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 11 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 8 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 13 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SABy Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019
Four Zambian trucks belonging to different companies have been hijacked in Johannesburg, South Africa by unknown people, Zambia’s mission in Pretoria has disclosed.
The trucks are said to have carried different vehicle engines for reconditioning in Wadeville and Kempton Park garages in South Africa.
Information availed to the Zambian mission in Pretoria indicates that three trucks were hijacked in Wadeville, Germiston whilst the fourth one was hijacked in Joeslovo, Gauteng Province in the early hours of Sunday.
“The trucks were being driven by Zambian nationals identified as Katongo Mulenga, Boniface Chabala, Jimmy Kasenga and Charles Kakoma. It was reported that the drivers were tied with cable wires and bundled in a car before being dumped at the roadside near the area where the attack happened. The matter has been reported to Cleveland and John Foster police posts for investigations,” stated first secretary press at the Zambian mission in Pretoria, Naomi Nyawali.
“No injuries were reported as a result of the hijacking and the affected Zambians are safe.
The High Commission is monitoring the matter closely and has engaged relevant local authorities to ensure the safety of Zambians in South Africa…[and] that the trucks are recovered.”
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- ZAMTEL urges early introduction of savings habit to children - 1 Nov 2019
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- Criminal kills CBU lecturer, rapes Kalulushi student - 5 Oct 2019
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (6,655 views)
- Electoral violence inquiry report implicates Mumbi Phiri, Frank Bwalya, Mwata Kazembe (3,347 views)
- DEC summons Amos Chanda for questioning (2,584 views)
- Power deficit has worsened load shedding beyond 15hrs - Zesco (1,475 view)
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal! (1,264 view)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
- ConCourt ruling on ex-ministers different from my 2021 eligibility, this one is questionable - Lungu
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend