- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lafarge CEO urges employees to prioritise health and safetyBy Diggers Reporter on 17 May 2017
Lafarge Zambia has launched its annual Health and Safety Month to promote awareness and spark behavioral change under the theme “I stop unsafe work”.
In a statement issued by Lafarge Communication Department yesterday, the company stated that the Health and Safety month provided an opportunity for Lafarge Zambia engage all stakeholders, including government, to make steps towards improvements in Health and Safety performance by promoting awareness and influencing behavioural change.
“During this period Lafarge Zambia has developed a number of activities to promote Health and Safety at the plants and away from the plants. Some of these activities include Road Safety walk from Lafarge Plant to Linda round-about on May 19, 2017 to sensitize road users on the importance of road safety and stopping unsafe acts whilst on the road. Lafarge Zambia will also be working with Chawama Constituency Councillors and ward leaders in a cleaning exercise of freedom compound as well as donate to Mother of Mercy Hospice among others.
The Health and Safety month activities will culminate into a Family Day celebration to be held on 26 May 2017 at the Chilanga Golf club,” Lafarge stated.
Speaking during the launch at Chilanga Plant, Lafarge Zambia Chief Executive officer Vincent Bouckaert urged the company’s over 1,000 employees to take time to communicate the Health and Safety priority and share best practices with colleagues, contractors, families and all other stakeholders.
“Our Health and Safety month is a unique opportunity for us to celebrate our success and a time to communicate, why Health and Safety is our number one priority. We have to communicate our successes to our colleagues within the LafargeHolcim Group, contractors, family and other stakeholders,” said Bouckaert.
On April 29, Lafarge Zambia hosted the Lafarge Lusaka marathon which drew thousands of local and international participants with a focus on promoting wellness at the workplace and in the community.
About Diggers Reporter
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend