- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Govt has paid K4.2bn to contractors – MutatiBy Mukosha Funga on 2 Aug 2017
Minister of Finance Felix Mutati says government has paid over 4.2billion kwacha to contractors and suppliers of goods and services in order to stabilize the economy.
According to a statement issued by Zambia’s First Secretary for Press Naomi Nyawali today, Mutati said the money had been paid for over a period of six months to unlock the liquidity problem which the country was facing.
He said the availability of liquidity in economy had helped to strengthen and stabilize the kwacha, making it one of the best performing currencies in Africa.
He expressed joy that Zambia had since registered a positive trade surplus of over 180 million dollars in the first half of this year.
He was speaking at the OR Tambo international Airport in South Africa when he Met Zambia’s High Commissioner to that Country Emmanuel Mwamba.
He added that the stability of the kwacha had resulted increased investment in government security bonds.
Mutati noted that about 50 per cent of the government security bonds were being subscribed by foreign investors who were bringing in an inflow of dollars.
He observed that increased cash inflow into Zambia would help create employment in the private sector.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend