- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
AG joins GOtv, ZNBC caseBy Elias Banda on 10 Feb 2017
LUSAKA High Court judge Gertrude Chawatama has joined Attorney General Likando Kalaluka to a matter where GOtv sued ZNBC for blocking the signal transmitted by free-to- air content providers.
This follows an application by Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation director general Richard Mwanza who stated in an affidavit that the digital migration projection was government’s responsibility.
“It is in public domain that ZNBC and Topstar communications (second defendant) have been tasked by the Zambian government to expedite the digital migration policy…All the aspect of the digital migration policy and its execution is the preserve of government,” stated Mwanza.
When the matter came up on yesterday, ZNBC’s lawyers made an oral application for the joinder to Judge Chawatama who ordered that Kalaluka be joined to the proceedings.
In this matter, GOtv wants an injunction from the Court compelling ZNBC and Topstar Communication Limited to immediately restore the free-to-air services on its terrestrial television platform.
GOtv is also seeking an order that the operation of the public signal distribution network, Topstar, is illegal and unlawful.
She then adjourned the matter to March 3 for interpartes hearing.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend