- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
AG joins GOtv, ZNBC caseBy Elias Banda on 10 Feb 2017
LUSAKA High Court judge Gertrude Chawatama has joined Attorney General Likando Kalaluka to a matter where GOtv sued ZNBC for blocking the signal transmitted by free-to- air content providers.
This follows an application by Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation director general Richard Mwanza who stated in an affidavit that the digital migration projection was government’s responsibility.
“It is in public domain that ZNBC and Topstar communications (second defendant) have been tasked by the Zambian government to expedite the digital migration policy…All the aspect of the digital migration policy and its execution is the preserve of government,” stated Mwanza.
When the matter came up on yesterday, ZNBC’s lawyers made an oral application for the joinder to Judge Chawatama who ordered that Kalaluka be joined to the proceedings.
In this matter, GOtv wants an injunction from the Court compelling ZNBC and Topstar Communication Limited to immediately restore the free-to-air services on its terrestrial television platform.
GOtv is also seeking an order that the operation of the public signal distribution network, Topstar, is illegal and unlawful.
She then adjourned the matter to March 3 for interpartes hearing.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend