- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Murder accused herbalist fails to secure bailBy Elias Banda on 11 Mar 2017
LUSAKA High Court judge Pixie Yangailo has thrown out an appeal of bail application by traditional healer Chilufya Chileya commonly known as Kalonga Kanono.
Kanono is in this matter charged with attempted murder of his sister Josephine whom he shot with a pistol.
Judge Yangailo in her ruling agreed with the subordinate’s refusal to grant bail on the premise that Kanono was likely to interfere with witnesses if granted bail.
The state through state senior state advocate Mercy Pondamali Lungu also opposed the bail application based on the findings that Kanono was likely to interfere with witnesses particularly the victim Josephine.
Judge Yangailo said it was not in the interest of proper justice that persons accused of crimes were seen or heard to be tampering with witnesses.
“Accordingly, the applicant is denied bail and the application is dismissed,” she ruled.
Last month, Lusaka magistrate Albert Mwaba denied Kanono bail on the same grounds.
State prosecutor Christopher Nyambe said if granted bail, Kanono would most likely interfere with the victim who is the key witness in the matter.
He also said Kanono had threatened to kill the victim once he was released from the remand prison.Related Items
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend