- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 21 Jul 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 18 Jul 2017by Charles Mafa on 13 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Farmer sues Deputy IG over cattleBy Elias Banda on 14 Mar 2017
A Kafue peasant farmer has sued Deputy Inspector General of Police Eugene Sibote in the Lusaka High Court over six herds of cattle.
According to a statement of claim filed in the High Court principal registry on Friday, Hakajika Jolamoyo stated that his farm was located about 30 kilometres from Sibote’s.
Jolamoyo availed that on April 16, 2016, Sibote; in the company of other police officers raided his farm and claiming that they were hunting for cattle rustlers who had stolen cattle from the defendant.
The plaintiff claimed that when Sibote did not find his cattle after the search, he demanded six herds of cattle to cover his loss until the thief was caught.
“When the plaintiff tried to object, the defendant and the police officers accompanying him threatened him with physical violence with the guns they were carrying,” Jolamoyo explained adding that attempts to amicably resolve the matter had failed.
Jolamoyo stated that as a result of the actions, he has suffered loss and damage.
He is therefore seeking an order that Sibote returns possession of the six heads of cattle taken from him in the same condition they were taken and he is further claiming damages for loss of income, and any other reliefs that the court might deem fit.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend