- by Martha Chilosha on 26 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Enesi Kaoma on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Farmer sues Deputy IG over cattleBy Elias Banda on 14 Mar 2017
A Kafue peasant farmer has sued Deputy Inspector General of Police Eugene Sibote in the Lusaka High Court over six herds of cattle.
According to a statement of claim filed in the High Court principal registry on Friday, Hakajika Jolamoyo stated that his farm was located about 30 kilometres from Sibote’s.
Jolamoyo availed that on April 16, 2016, Sibote; in the company of other police officers raided his farm and claiming that they were hunting for cattle rustlers who had stolen cattle from the defendant.
The plaintiff claimed that when Sibote did not find his cattle after the search, he demanded six herds of cattle to cover his loss until the thief was caught.
“When the plaintiff tried to object, the defendant and the police officers accompanying him threatened him with physical violence with the guns they were carrying,” Jolamoyo explained adding that attempts to amicably resolve the matter had failed.
Jolamoyo stated that as a result of the actions, he has suffered loss and damage.
He is therefore seeking an order that Sibote returns possession of the six heads of cattle taken from him in the same condition they were taken and he is further claiming damages for loss of income, and any other reliefs that the court might deem fit.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend