- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Tayali pleads not guilty to defaming IGBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Apr 2017
Lusaka magistrate Felix Kaoma has granted Chilufya Tayali K5000 bail in his own recognizance after he pleaded not guilty to a criminal libel charge this afternoon.
Last week, Tayali, 42, was arrested following his Facebook post in which he stated that Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja was covering his inadequacies by charging HH with treason.
The former Zambian Voice executive director, who is now leader of a political party called EPP, appeared before court yesterday but his case could not take off due to lack of a docket in court.
And when he was brought back to court this morning, his case was allocated to magistrate Kaoma where he denied committing the offence.
It is alleged that Tayali on April 13, this year with intent to defame Kanganja by means of print writing, unlawfully published on social media a defamatory statement by saying ‘ Kanganja is just covering up his inefficiency to charge Hakainde Hichilema with treason otherwise he should be an accomplice but maybe he planned to kill the president or frame him.
The accused was granted K5000 bail in his own recognizance with two working sureties in the like sum.
Trial in the matter is expected to commence on May 6.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement
- Tribute to the 5 ‘co-abused’
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend