- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Tayali pleads not guilty to defaming IGBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Apr 2017
Lusaka magistrate Felix Kaoma has granted Chilufya Tayali K5000 bail in his own recognizance after he pleaded not guilty to a criminal libel charge this afternoon.
Last week, Tayali, 42, was arrested following his Facebook post in which he stated that Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja was covering his inadequacies by charging HH with treason.
The former Zambian Voice executive director, who is now leader of a political party called EPP, appeared before court yesterday but his case could not take off due to lack of a docket in court.
And when he was brought back to court this morning, his case was allocated to magistrate Kaoma where he denied committing the offence.
It is alleged that Tayali on April 13, this year with intent to defame Kanganja by means of print writing, unlawfully published on social media a defamatory statement by saying ‘ Kanganja is just covering up his inefficiency to charge Hakainde Hichilema with treason otherwise he should be an accomplice but maybe he planned to kill the president or frame him.
The accused was granted K5000 bail in his own recognizance with two working sureties in the like sum.
Trial in the matter is expected to commence on May 6.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend