- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Facebook post lands Tayali in police custodyBy Diggers Reporter on 14 Apr 2017
Police yesterday picked Chilufya Tayali and charged him with libel for alleging that Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja planned to kill President Egdar Lungu or to frame UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema on his Facebook Page.
Around 15:00 hours yesterday, Tayali called News Diggers! and complained that he had been beaten.
“I have been beaten but I cannot talk much right now. I am going to Kabwata Police,” said Tayali.
And at 16:15, Tayali announced that he had been arrested on his Facebook page.
In a statement today, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo confirmed the arrest; saying Tayali had been arrested over a Facebook posting.
“Yes, Chilufya Tayali was picked up yesterday in connection with his statement on his Facebook page against the Inspector General of Police where he stated that Mr Kakoma Kanganja was covering his inefficiencies to Charge HH with treason and further insinuated that Mr Kanganja planned what transpired in Mongu to kill the President. He has been charged with Libel contrary to section 191 of the Penal Code. He is currently detained in Police custody,” stated Katongo.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend