- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Facebook post lands Tayali in police custodyBy Diggers Reporter on 14 Apr 2017
Police yesterday picked Chilufya Tayali and charged him with libel for alleging that Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja planned to kill President Egdar Lungu or to frame UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema on his Facebook Page.
Around 15:00 hours yesterday, Tayali called News Diggers! and complained that he had been beaten.
“I have been beaten but I cannot talk much right now. I am going to Kabwata Police,” said Tayali.
And at 16:15, Tayali announced that he had been arrested on his Facebook page.
In a statement today, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo confirmed the arrest; saying Tayali had been arrested over a Facebook posting.
“Yes, Chilufya Tayali was picked up yesterday in connection with his statement on his Facebook page against the Inspector General of Police where he stated that Mr Kakoma Kanganja was covering his inefficiencies to Charge HH with treason and further insinuated that Mr Kanganja planned what transpired in Mongu to kill the President. He has been charged with Libel contrary to section 191 of the Penal Code. He is currently detained in Police custody,” stated Katongo.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,554 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,506 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,291 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,622 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,217 view)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend