- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Facebook post lands Tayali in police custodyBy Diggers Reporter on 14 Apr 2017
Police yesterday picked Chilufya Tayali and charged him with libel for alleging that Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja planned to kill President Egdar Lungu or to frame UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema on his Facebook Page.
Around 15:00 hours yesterday, Tayali called News Diggers! and complained that he had been beaten.
“I have been beaten but I cannot talk much right now. I am going to Kabwata Police,” said Tayali.
And at 16:15, Tayali announced that he had been arrested on his Facebook page.
In a statement today, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo confirmed the arrest; saying Tayali had been arrested over a Facebook posting.
“Yes, Chilufya Tayali was picked up yesterday in connection with his statement on his Facebook page against the Inspector General of Police where he stated that Mr Kakoma Kanganja was covering his inefficiencies to Charge HH with treason and further insinuated that Mr Kanganja planned what transpired in Mongu to kill the President. He has been charged with Libel contrary to section 191 of the Penal Code. He is currently detained in Police custody,” stated Katongo.
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend