- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at courtBy Elias Banda on 19 May 2017
Chilanga member of Parliament Keith Mukata’s lover Charmaine Musonda today attracted attention at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court when she arrived on a wheelchair, covered by a chitenge material.
Charmaine, who was brought straight from the hospital with a canular still on her hand, attracted the attention of onlookers when she hid her face with a chitenge to avoid cameras while being driven on a wheelchair.
Meanwhile, both Mukata and Charmaine said they understood the murder charge after Lusaka magistrate Ireen Wishimanga explained it to them.
Lusaka lawyer Lubinda Linyama then asked magistrate Wishimanga to allow Charmaine to continue receiving treatment in hospital until she has fully recovered before being remanded in custody which the magistrate accepted.
Magistrate Wishimanga said Charmaine would only be remanded in prison after she is discharged from hospital either on May 22 or 23
The state did not object to the application to admit her to the hospital as a doctor’s report where they recommended her admission was presented to court.
The case comes up on June 2 for mention while awaiting for instructions from the DPP as the case is tried by the High Court.
The two are alleged to have murdered a security guard Namakau Kwenda who was working at Mukata’s law firm on May 6, 2017.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend