- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Court orders State to return HH to LusakaBy Diggers Reporter on 16 Jun 2017
Lusaka magistrate Ireen Wishimanga has ordered the commissioner of prisons and central province police commissioner to transfer Hakainde Hichilema back to Lusaka so that he is remanded at Central Prisons during a contempt of court case where he is a complainant.
The UPND leader’s contempt case against the Minister has been scheduled for Monday June 19 2017.
According to an order dated June 15th magistrate Wishimanga also directed the officer-in-charge at Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison to make necessary arrangements relating to the detention and transportation of the accused persons so that they are brought before her court for the pending case against Minister of National Guidance and Religious Affairs Godfridah Sumaili.
“It is hereby ordered and directed that the commissioner of prisons, the officer in charge of Mukobeko Maximum Security Prison, the officer-in-charge of Lusaka Central Pprison and all other relevant persons concerned with the detention and transportation of the complainants to make necessary arrangement for the complainants to be brought before this honorable court,” read part of an order.
Magistrate Wishimanga has also ordered that Hichilema should be remanded at Lusaka central prison until the case is disposed and determined.
An order has also been directed to police commissioner Lusaka province and the deputy commissioner of prisons.
Hichilema was transferred to Mukobeko on Friday last week after his treason case was committed to the high court for trial.
In this matter opposition leader Hakainde Hichilema asked the court to institute contempt of court proceedings against Sumaili over the prejudicial comments attributed to her that HH pushed lungu to the wall by not recognising him as the president.
He says the statement is highly prejudicial to his treason case.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend