by Julia Malunga on 16 Oct 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Journalist in court for trafficking, using MarijuanaBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
Zambian Canadian journalist David Julian Wightman has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for trafficking, manufacturing and using psychotropic substances among other charges.
Julian Wightman, who has been advocating for the legalisation of cannabis, is also charged with inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs.
According to the indictment, in charge one, Julian Wightman is alleged to have trafficked in 1.336 Kg of Marijuana whilst in count two, he is accused of trafficking in 26.62 grams of Marijuana on July 8 without lawful authority.
In charge three and six, Julian Wightman is accused of carrying out a process used in the manufacture of psychotropic substances namely grinding cannabis and mixing with coconut oil to make it into fine form without lawful authority.
In charge three, Julian Wightman is alleged to have advertised for sale psychotropic substances namely 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
In the fourth charge, he is alleged to have been in possession of instruments or utensils for administering psychotropic substances namely syringes.
In charge five, Julian Wightman is accused of using 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
Julian Wightman is in the seventh and final charge accused of inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs through a Fabebook Page called NORML ZAMBIA.
Julian Wightman will take plea before Magistrate Greenwell Malumani soon.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- Criminal kills CBU lecturer, rapes Kalulushi student - 5 Oct 2019
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts (4,104 views)
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident (3,469 views)
- AVIC, RDA toll plaza deal was a rip off, evidence is coming (2,360 views)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (2,242 views)
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,055 views)
- I’m Lungu’s strongman, that’s why enemies target me with corruption tag – Chitotela
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident
- We’re ready to meet UPND in court over its gay rights agenda – Sunday
- Lungu’s failure to protect Sesheke cops worsening violence – Andyford
- Former ministers must do the right thing, pay back – Sumaili
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend