- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Journalist in court for trafficking, using MarijuanaBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
Zambian Canadian journalist David Julian Wightman has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for trafficking, manufacturing and using psychotropic substances among other charges.
Julian Wightman, who has been advocating for the legalisation of cannabis, is also charged with inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs.
According to the indictment, in charge one, Julian Wightman is alleged to have trafficked in 1.336 Kg of Marijuana whilst in count two, he is accused of trafficking in 26.62 grams of Marijuana on July 8 without lawful authority.
In charge three and six, Julian Wightman is accused of carrying out a process used in the manufacture of psychotropic substances namely grinding cannabis and mixing with coconut oil to make it into fine form without lawful authority.
In charge three, Julian Wightman is alleged to have advertised for sale psychotropic substances namely 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
In the fourth charge, he is alleged to have been in possession of instruments or utensils for administering psychotropic substances namely syringes.
In charge five, Julian Wightman is accused of using 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
Julian Wightman is in the seventh and final charge accused of inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs through a Fabebook Page called NORML ZAMBIA.
Julian Wightman will take plea before Magistrate Greenwell Malumani soon.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend