- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Journalist in court for trafficking, using MarijuanaBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
Zambian Canadian journalist David Julian Wightman has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for trafficking, manufacturing and using psychotropic substances among other charges.
Julian Wightman, who has been advocating for the legalisation of cannabis, is also charged with inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs.
According to the indictment, in charge one, Julian Wightman is alleged to have trafficked in 1.336 Kg of Marijuana whilst in count two, he is accused of trafficking in 26.62 grams of Marijuana on July 8 without lawful authority.
In charge three and six, Julian Wightman is accused of carrying out a process used in the manufacture of psychotropic substances namely grinding cannabis and mixing with coconut oil to make it into fine form without lawful authority.
In charge three, Julian Wightman is alleged to have advertised for sale psychotropic substances namely 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
In the fourth charge, he is alleged to have been in possession of instruments or utensils for administering psychotropic substances namely syringes.
In charge five, Julian Wightman is accused of using 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
Julian Wightman is in the seventh and final charge accused of inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs through a Fabebook Page called NORML ZAMBIA.
Julian Wightman will take plea before Magistrate Greenwell Malumani soon.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones (35,805 views)
- Zambia's COVID-19 cases jump to 35 (11,813 views)
- High Court keeps Spax in jail (6,681 views)
- Stop load-shedding to keep people at home (6,584 views)
- Govt's plan to fight COVID-19 well thought out, assures Lungu (5,810 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Zambian student chased from Chinese University over suspected COVID-19
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- Lungu's full address: Zambia records 12 COVID-19 cases as lock down looms
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend