- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Journalist in court for trafficking, using MarijuanaBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
Zambian Canadian journalist David Julian Wightman has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for trafficking, manufacturing and using psychotropic substances among other charges.
Julian Wightman, who has been advocating for the legalisation of cannabis, is also charged with inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs.
According to the indictment, in charge one, Julian Wightman is alleged to have trafficked in 1.336 Kg of Marijuana whilst in count two, he is accused of trafficking in 26.62 grams of Marijuana on July 8 without lawful authority.
In charge three and six, Julian Wightman is accused of carrying out a process used in the manufacture of psychotropic substances namely grinding cannabis and mixing with coconut oil to make it into fine form without lawful authority.
In charge three, Julian Wightman is alleged to have advertised for sale psychotropic substances namely 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
In the fourth charge, he is alleged to have been in possession of instruments or utensils for administering psychotropic substances namely syringes.
In charge five, Julian Wightman is accused of using 6.8 grams of Marijuana.
Julian Wightman is in the seventh and final charge accused of inciting members of the public to use narcotic drugs through a Fabebook Page called NORML ZAMBIA.
Julian Wightman will take plea before Magistrate Greenwell Malumani soon.
About Diggers Reporter
- Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing police - 22 Aug 2017
- Safari company sues state for $734,434 compensation - 22 Aug 2017
- Farm sues State for criminal trespass - 22 Aug 2017
- Chipolopolo fear player departures after CHAN qualification - 21 Aug 2017
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Coach promotes Fashion Sakala, 6 other U-20 stars to senior team
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- PF wants Kambwili’s expulsion case dismissed
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- PF warns Mopani against sending miners on forced leave: Don’t take Zambians for granted
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend